222 doesn't display picture on TV1

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Went to plug in TV1 into a 222 today. Previously only TV2 was being used - and that worked fine. Now we tried plugging in TV1 via component and it won't display a picture. It WILL show the channel bars, guide, etc, and there is sound, but it won't display the programming - the background is just solid black. Except once after a front panel reset, the first channel we tried was solid green, then all subsequent channels were solid black.

TV2 works fine. Everything on TV1 seems to work EXCEPT that the picture does not display. Which is kind of an issue.

Any suggestions, or do I have a faulty unit?

Went to plug in TV1 into a 222 today. Previously only TV2 was being used - and that worked fine. Now we tried plugging in TV1 via component and it won't display a picture. It WILL show the channel bars, guide, etc, and there is sound, but it won't display the programming - the background is just solid black. Except once after a front panel reset, the first channel we tried was solid green, then all subsequent channels were solid black.

TV2 works fine. Everything on TV1 seems to work EXCEPT that the picture does not display. Which is kind of an issue.

Any suggestions, or do I have a faulty unit?

Do a hard reset, where you unplugg it then plug it back in. The 222 is one buggy SOB, if that don't fix it it's bad.

Make sure you aren't watching a premium channel when you do your testing. You may be experiencing some buggy DRM behavior.

Reset it, unplugged it, did check switch, and everything else. Tried all channels - no luck. Finally convinced Dish that it was bad after they had me run through every test again, they're sending out a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)