How far is Dish away from background art (fan art)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glenwms

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NC
As a former Windows Media Center enthusiast, I'm wondering how far away are we from seeing some background art (or fan art) when you browse movies and/or TV shows? For example, you have a list of movies, and when you click on the thumbnail image, a nice screen comes up with rotating images (or even a static image) of a scene from the movie, with a full desription of the movie, cast members, reviews, etc.

The Hopper already has an Internet connection, and I believe most of this sort of info is pulled in from there anyway. For an example of what I'm trying to describe, check out Media Browser (www.mediabrowser.tv) to get an idea of what I would love the Hopper to do.

Of course, right now I'd just be happy to see the movie and TV show thumbnails after I've transferred them to an EHD.

It appears that in order to keep the icons/tiles/cover art when moving to an EHD, you must have a copy of the show/movie on the hoppers internal hard drive as well. If you don't, it will be a blank tile.

Why? Will there ever be a fix for that? List mode would solve that issue, or at least, make it better.

This kind of defeats the whole purpose of transferring the show or movie in the first place. I have noticed the full description is now pulled in since the S238 update I received 2 days ago. On S234, the description would be cut off after I transferred something.

I noted that when transferring shows from my first-gen Hoppers on S234 to the HwSs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)