How far should a wireless keyboard reach?

Sat_Jockey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2004
Somewhere in the windy west
Sorry for the cryptic title, but I could use some help. I just bought a Logitech LX310 Cordless keyboard and mouse combo for use with my PS3. To get everything to work I have to be less than 3 feet from the receiver. I have replaced the batteries and still the same resultss. I was hoping for about ten feet of distance. Is 3 feet the norm? If not, could someone please give me some troubleshooting hints? Thanks in advance.

IS that a bluetooth, RF or IR model? I have another Logitech RF wireless key/mouse combo and 6' - 7' seems to be the norm; but I operate on a typical desk environment so it is far enough for me.

Even if it is Bluetooth, it can vary. BT comes in three different catagories, good for 1 M, 10M and 100M respectively. BTW, my HP wireless keyboard is good for about 15-20 feet.

Thanks for the posts. I believe the set is RF, haven't confirmed this though. From your responses, I see that it depends on the manufacturer and technology, but it should be possible to meet my 10 foot span. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts