How good is the 1000.2?

If I have dish network and no longer under contract how can I get my 1000 upgraded to a 1000.2? I am having pixilizations and drop outs all the time here lately. It may be line of sight. I think the first installer didnt put the dish in the optimal place, it was like that last year and it went away (I thought with firmware updates), but now it is coming back.

If I have dish network and no longer under contract how can I get my 1000 upgraded to a 1000.2? I am having pixilizations and drop outs all the time here lately. It may be line of sight. I think the first installer didnt put the dish in the optimal place, it was like that last year and it went away (I thought with firmware updates), but now it is coming back.

I don't think you'll get a free upgrade to a 1000.2 if you already have a 1000. Your best bet is to buy it.

About how much will it cost for someone to come out and peak it? Keep in mind, it is on the front of a 2 story house (they will need a big ladder)? Does anyone know of a reputable person in the North East Atlanta, GA area (Gwinnett County)?

So, just to be clear, it would be better to get the 1000.2 and instal and peak it, rather than repeaking my 1000?

The 1000.2 is bigger than the 1000 and you'll get some improvement on your SS on 129 but don't expect that much. I would just peak the 1000 and see what kind of improvement you get. Ideally you want a second dish for 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)