Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
how good is the "new" directv DVR non HD or HD

the HR15 is the non HD DVR correct?

I'm thinking about switching to DirecTV (from CableVision -- not wanting to turn this into a E* and D* issue) rather more about eqipment :)

I have a three TiVo's now and well as most people love the OS - but hate the analog/digital conversion that occurs and well don't like cable either....

So how "bad" is the HR15? Does anyone have any good links to screen shots of the interface? How many shows does it useally miss or delete by "mistake"; how is the conflict resolution system?

Side note -- not sure if I want to wait for the HR20 or just get the Tivo-HD box along with a HR15....

Thanks in advance,
John

Last edited:
For clarity sake, the unit is the R-15. It is the non-Tivo DVR from DirecTV.

Here is a link for a good resource of info on the R-15

R-15 Forum

I used the R15 briefly, have 2 of them in my attic currently, and was just OK to me. I wanted networking features for my DirecTV Tivo units and the R-15 cannot give me that.

As for screen shots, you can look at the User Manual on Directv.com.

May be able to find some posts in the forums that have some shots attached.

I have one r15, and it's in our bedroom, so we really don't use the full DVR functionality much - mostly a pause or rewind here and there. If we want to tape something, we do it on the HD-Tivo on one of our HD sets.

The little that I've used the r15, I'm not overly impressed. For someone that's never used Tivo, it's probably fine. But I don't care for it at all vs. the Tivo.

IMHO...

I've had mine for a month, not as snazzy as the tivo with features but it works much better than the SA 8300 POS that Comcast gave me. Overall I am happy with it and it is def worth it as DVR.

As posted above I use the r15 in the bedroom and only record in High Def, I did replace my tivo dvr40 with the r15, but only to check out Yes Network Interactive features, I would strongly recommend looking for Tivo unit only.... but just my two cents.... and if you never used Tivo, even better because you won't miss the ease of the Tivo unit...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)