Votes: 63 37.3%
  • Less than Satisfied - too many annoying bugs

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Very Dissatisfied - major problems and/or had to exchange unit

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hdmi 622 Plug Unplug

After convincing HP to bring a replacement HDTV and researching several news groups, I finally discovered that my HDMI problem could be in my 622, I called Dish today and customer service claimed they haven't heard of the plug/unplug problem. I said I found many examples on news groups of customers that had the same issue and called Dish and received replacement 622's that worked. She said engineering would have to study the problem and get back to me. Eventually after she left to discuss with supervisors a few times she agreed to send a replacement.
My point is that without groups like this one to let me know what is going on and how to deal with it I would have backed down and just continued pounding sand.

I upgraded a couple months ago. I had a 811 + 522. Sd picture 10 times better than the 811. Outside of an audio sync problem, which was solved by a simple reboot, no problems

I've had mine for 5 weeks. No reboots at all, no problem with any OTA channels, no audio problems, NO problems at all except that I don't have time to watch all the different programs I can record. I have my 622 on a shelf all by itself above the TV with plenty of room around it, so I'm speculating that some other user's issues might be heat-related, which does seem to be a frequent criticism.

After 2 weeks since the 622 install, it seems to be working fine. Timers seem to be working fine and none have disappeared; audio sync seems to better than the 942... The only re-occurring problem I have seen is that Closed Caption (CC) goes flaky at night; the next morning CC is fine again. We can correct it at night by re-booting. ... Have not had the time to play with the OTA; still have my OTA going straight to the TV.

rlarryvt said:
I upgraded a couple months ago. I had a 811 + 522. Sd picture 10 times better than the 811. Outside of an audio sync problem, which was solved by a simple reboot, no problems

10X better? Wow! Well, PQ is noticeably better overall.

Occassionally lose audio and/or video or goes into a freeze. I have learned to leave it alone..it will eventually reboot itself. Annoying, and hopefully will be become less with time and future updates. Have randomly seen an audio/sync problem. The menu selection for Standard or HD sync seems to make little difference. But sync problems have been limited to specfic channels.

Have had the 622 installed for 3 weeks now and am generally very satisfied with it.

One issue that I have had was the total loss of picture and sound on recorded programming on 3 different occasions. All would be working fine and then I would get some real loud sound noise and then all I would have is whitenoise with no picture at all. Just snow. The only workthrough would be to do a power button reboot. Everything would be fine after that. Knock on wood---this has not happened in the past 10 days or so. Otherwise, I am real satisfied with this compared to my old 921.

bigtimber said:
Have had the 622 installed for 3 weeks now and am generally very satisfied with it.

One issue that I have had was the total loss of picture and sound on recorded programming on 3 different occasions. All would be working fine and then I would get some real loud sound noise and then all I would have is whitenoise with no picture at all. Just snow. The only workthrough would be to do a power button reboot. Everything would be fine after that. Knock on wood---this has not happened in the past 10 days or so. Otherwise, I am real satisfied with this compared to my old 921.

Maybe this problem is more common than we think but because it's being discribed differently by some, it's not being associated as the same problem.

I'm no tv tech wizard, so I may be wrong on this but I think different tvs react differently when a signal is lost, depending how they're setup.

With some, the screen goes blank to a particular color like grey or blue instead of showing the "snow" effect.

Likewise maybe with the sound. Some are reporting loud static or "poping" while others just say loss of audio.

Have not had any performance problems, viz. sound or pixelation, or audio sync. Only issue I have had was when I was reprogramming all my season passes, I found that, even though they originally had shown up on the coming week's program guide with the symbol for recording, the next time I checked, several had disappeared. Went back and re-entered them, so far they are still set up to go. Not sure if it was the 622, or if I was having a "senior moment."

My first box had been running well but then the HDMI port died. Getting a replacement was pretty painless and so far (first 24h) the new box is fine.

But I will admit I am a bit worried since I have heard of some people having to replace several boxes for this this HDMI problem.

Overall I am much happier with my upgrade than I was with my 921 which well I hated. But I am a bit troubled I had a technical glitch after only a few weeks of operation and will just have to keep my fingers crossed going forward I suppose.

I get multi colored vertical bars to the left of the screen that last a few seconds. I had previous sound issues but they seemed to have gone away. Anyone else have the vertical bars?

No issues here other a weak signal on 129 and digital blitz/freeze about every 20 minutes on most all the VOOM channels. Other than that (which isn't a 622 issue, really), no problems at all. Very solid box with a better component PQ than my 942 had.

I've only had to reboot it once in the 2 weeks I've had it and that was due to a 129 LOS freaking it out. Hasn't happened again.

Picked up another one...some software bugs, and HD LIL needs work, but I'm generally satisfied to very satisfied with my purchase.

Mods: is there any way to reopen this poll? Lot's of members are dropping their dime with the pricing of $499.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)