How long do you need ethernet hooked up to order pay per view?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Also how long does it need to be hooked up, before you can get the 'pay' on demand programs?

I ask because I'm soon going to get a router so I can have my computer, XBox 360 and my HR22 all connected at once.

I've unhooked my computer a couple of times... so I could connect to the HR22 and kept it connected for over 24 hours both times.

The first time not only could I not order any pay per view, but none of the on demand programming was showing up.

Most recently I had it hooked up most of yesterday and finally unconnected it around an hour ago and last night the on demand programming started to show up and anything that was free I was able to download and watch.

I tried to watch Taken and Gran Torino in 1080 P... neither of which was free and it would only show the first eight minutes and it would say something along the lines of being able to order pay per view via DirecTv.com or by phone..... but that you needed a high speed internet connection to order by the remote.

Pay Per View movies would say the same thing that On Demand pay programs would say.

Having just went to a pay per view channel to view the message the exact message is as follows:

To order this program now, go to directv.com/ppv or call 1-800-531-5000

Extension: 732

it then has my reciever number and my card number listed below the extension

If you click on "more info" it then says

"in the future, to order via remote control, your reciever must be connected to a working phone line or high-speed internet connection"

I should be getting that message now, but should I be getting it even when I'm connected and online?

I figured you might need to keep it connected for a specified period of time and that one of you might know around how long that was.. and save me from having to call customer service.

Again for the record... I'm not going to have it consistently connected until I get a router in a week or two anyway, was just curious if this all was normal... especially after being connected and online for over 24 hours at a time.

On Demand takes 24 hours to load the library, and since it is always updating, you need to keep the receiver connected, when you disconnect it, the library wont update, thus making it useless, and why it needs to stay connected, as for ppv im really not sure, but im guessing the call back is during the movie, try leaving it in until the movie's over.

to order thru remote you need a land line phone connected to back of receiver. if one not connected then only way is to call (charges apply) or go online (free)

to order thru remote you need a land line phone connected to back of receiver. if one not connected then only way is to call (charges apply) or go online (free)

Not true, if the receiver has a connection to the internet via the home network then it will use that path to call home. Also with a SWM and recent software on some receivers can call back PPV purchase via the coax/SWM path via any receiver that has an ethernet/internet connection.

Found the post I was looking for with the info:

"SWM callbacks have been released with the latest SW code-

Meaning that as long as ONE box on a given SWM install has a good working phone line or Ethernet/broadband connections; All PPV/Game Lounge and AO call backs will go through that box.

This should help with Non Responders

Only on the boxes below

Software versions 0x02F4/0x02F5/0x2F6)

HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR22-200 • HR23-700
R22-200 • R22-100"

You might want to check with dtv with something. If a reciever been connected to the phone/internet for a while the billing system will disable ippv *(note there are two types of ppv (I) and (O) ) I stands for inpluse ppv hence ordering via remote. O stands for ordered which is phone/agent/dtv.com

So what hapens sometimes is when the reciever has not called home the ippv check mark gets removed from the reciever listing in the billing system. Not common but i seen it happen before. Basically the procedure for a 732 error is to send a command for a call back from the reciever which should fix it .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)