How Long Does it Take to Format an EHD?

Formatting the EHD doesn't take long at all. A couple minutes I think. I believe a message will show so you cannot watch Live TV but recordings in progress shouldn't be effected.

Reactions: dfergie
I have not reset the receiver. I just let it run. After the initial response I did "power off" the receiver with the power button on the front. I realize that this isn't really a reset so I'll try that next. I am using a 3TB drive which I realize is not supported and I don't really expect support I was more curious than anything else. I had to give my son the 2TB drive it is replacing and I had a 3TB drive unused so I figured I would give this a try.

I had another 3TB drive around so I'm trying it now. I really wish DISH would get past the 2TB limit as I have a lot of 3TB drives around and in the isolated area I live in it is much easier to get 3TB drives than 2TB drives. At some point (not in the very new future) you won't be able to get 2TB drives.

Edit: The second 3TB drive formatted in just a couple of minutes. This looks better although it is only seeing 2047GB available. At least it is something until I can get a real 2TB drive.

Reactions: navychop
I had another 3TB drive around so I'm trying it now. I really wish DISH would get past the 2TB limit as I have a lot of 3TB drives around and in the isolated area I live in it is much easier to get 3TB drives than 2TB drives. At some point (not in the very new future) you won't be able to get 2TB drives.

Edit: The second 3TB drive formatted in just a couple of minutes. This looks better although it is only seeing 2047GB available. At least it is something until I can get a real 2TB drive.
If you have an extra 3T around, why buy a 2T? Sure it will be underused, but paid for!

Reactions: navychop
It turned out that the 3TB would only let me transfer 10GB of videos before it stopped and refused to take anymore. I got my other son to surrender a 2TB he "borrowed" from me in exchange for the 3TB drive that wouldn't work with the Hopper.

He was quite happy. If he can actually get his grades up he'll be able to use it as well.
Oh grades. I have my first F in any class since starting college right now. Apperantly Business Calculus is not my strong suit. I am legit trying though. A's everywhere else... Haha. Love me some accounting and marketing, and Business Law is by far the greatest class I have taken yet. I may find an extra curricular love of this, and can see myself taking some side courses that have nothing to do with my major, out of pocket, just for the knowledge.

What the heck is business calculus?

PS- I got all As, maybe a couple of Bs, in all my "math" classes until Calculus, where I got Cs.

It's a stain on me, and I long for the day to retake it via "Great Courses." Just wish I had the time.

Reactions: ChadT41
Business Calculus is a combo of Calc and Trig, but concentrates heavily on the situations that would be used in the business world. The other name for it is "brief Calc". Yea, I am all A's and B's, but this class. It's killing my spirit knowing I am studying my ass off and still not understanding what the hell the teacher is saying. It's not just the material, but the teacher is not exactly very good. She is teaching us using "ants". Yes. The bugs. Little drawings moving on a graph. I feel like a 3rd grader in there. It truly is my most pathetic class I have been in yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts