How Long does it take to receive OTA channels?

ROLLZROYCE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I just got Voom installed on Wed. and the installer said it might take up to 48 hours for locals to come in. When and if they finally do, is there a setting I need to change or anything to receive them?

I have the Wineguard antenna with a diplexer.

Our OTAs came in immediately. Something is wrong...

with your setup. There are numerous posts on this VOOM forum to help you determine the problem(s) but I'd call your installer back first. Good luck.

Watching HDTV under cloudy (what else) Seattle skies, Gill

I got mine set up a couple of weeks ago and the OTA channels came in as soon as the unit was authorized. Have you checked the OTA web site for your area to see if they are mapped correctly? Go to http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx and click on HDTV. See which DT channels you should get and the range. Also, go into setup menu and scroll down until you see the OTA reception meter. You should get a signal of over 20 when tuned to a local OTA station.

ROLLZROYCE said:
I just got Voom installed on Wed. and the installer said it might take up to 48 hours for locals to come in. When and if they finally do, is there a setting I need to change or anything to receive them?

I have the Wineguard antenna with a diplexer.

Rollzroyce,

you should have your locals by now. If not, here are possible problems that will help you identify your problem.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20931

Please post over here all the information that you can collect and we'll try to help you understand what's wrong.

I checked the signal strength and it just jumps all over the place between 13-30 mostly, is this normal?

I am still getting NO local channels at all!

I am new to voom too and can only guess by what I have read on posts on this web site, but I believe you could have a duplexor problem and are not getting the signal through to voom receiver. I had a good signal when the installer left and then a couple days later the OTA channels disappeared. I tried connecting to another UHF and still no OTA, after awhile I connected back to duplexor (original setup) and rebooted unit. This time it worked and have not had a problem for a couple of weeks. Others have had problems similar to yours and have posted it on this site.

ROLLZROYCE said:
I checked the signal strength and it just jumps all over the place between 13-30 mostly, is this normal?

I am still getting NO local channels at all!

Did you try to re-aim your antenna? or the suggestion posted above me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)