How long for 922 to be accessible online?

schwa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I just got a 922 installed this morning -- everything appears to be connected correctly (broadband connection is all green, I'm getting my programming, etc). However, when I log into DISH Remote Access, my new 922 doesn't appear -- all that's shown is my 722 and a 622 that I no longer have (I switched it for my 922).

I've heard a couple different things from Dish CSRs -- the first told me that I should be able to select my 922 from within the DISH Remote Access page within an hour of installation, and other CSRs said it could take up to 24 hours for the 922 to appear online. It's been five hours since the install FWIW.

Since the equipment shown associated with my account is incorrect (it's still showing the 622 I no longer have and isn't showing the 922 yet), I suspect I'll have to wait a while for the account to get updated and for everything to work properly.

Bottom line -- how long should I really expect it to take to access my 922 online?

Bottom line -- how long should I really expect it to take to access my 922 online?

Mine was available within several hours, but I'd expect a lot of variance. For a lot of 922 users, DRA is problematic in that your 922 will frequently appear offline, even with a good broadband connection (I'm definitely one of those users).

Unfortunately, I think the real answer to your question is, roll four dice and add up the numbers, and that's the number of hours it'll take to show up on line.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 922 for a lot of things it does well, but this is not one of them.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts