How Long for Locals to Change after "Moving"?

BobinVA

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I "moved" from Charlottesville, VA to Richmond, VA using the online chat on Saturday. All of my receivers are still getting the Charlottesville locals and not the Richmond ones. I've done a few check switch iterations.

I've checked my account on the Dish website and it shows my new Richmond service address, but under programming it says Charlottesville DMA locals.

Is this something that I need to contact Dish about or is it just a time lag that will catch up with the service address change in a few days?

Thanks!

You need to call DISH and tell them you want the Richmond Va locals and to take off the Charlotsville locals. Make sure they take off the Charlotsville locals or you will get charged for both set of locals. I had this happen last month when I "moved" back to Houston from the Beaumont Tx area. I had both sets of locals and was being charged 5.99 for one and 5.00 for the others included in the AEP. Of course I did my move on the online tech asst. on their website. I had to use it again the next time I got my bill reflecting the two sets of locals. They didn't charge me a downgrade fee to drop the Beaumont locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts