How Long Have You Been Watching Fox?

ryback1990

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2013
riverdale, maryland
I have been watching Fox for the past 16 years. I have always felt that out of all the major networks(NBC, ABC, CBS) that FOX was always the most edgy and raw network out of them all. The programming in general seemed a lot more urban and gritty. This is probably because has only been around since the late 80's.

They're certainly not my number station, but I've been watching since Day 1 (The Simpson's, Married with Children and The Tracey Ullman Show).

ME too. I think it premiered back in 86 or 87. At least in my area I seem to remember both Married with Children and the Tracey Ullman show with the Pre Simpson series cartoon on it.

When Fox got the NFL,The X-Files,Sliders,and many others it became my most watched network.Our local Fox affiliate also had Star Trek TNG,couldn't really get decent reception until the early 90's though.That's when they started getting some VHF frequencies.They have come a long way,when they first started most people thought they would never last.

Since the beginning, if they had something I wanted to watch ...

As mentioned previously, NFL was a HUGE help for them to bring people to thier network .

I too watched the X-Files and ST NG.

Other than that, I don't find myself watching much on the channel.

For the last 5 years I don't think I have watched much more than the NFL on the network, mainly sports, the occasional baseball game, but thats about it.

I don't think I have had anything set to Record on FOX, maybe Ever, outside of Spo9rts, so that means No regular programming.

My most watched channel is CBS, followed by ABC and NBC (NBC mainly for Leno and Fallon) NBC however did have the occasional show that I would follow, I currently watch Revolution and previously watched Medium.

Btw, I forgot, I DID have FOX Recording at one time, when House was on regularly, I think that was on FOX.

I've watched since the start with Married With Children and others, but Fox is frustrating by starting Scifi shows then abandoning them, Space Above & Beyond, Firefly, Dollhouse etc ... since House left and football is over all I watch is Nascar regularly ...

Good to see all the answers. Fox is without a doubt my favorite major network. I think there is a certain edge to all of theIr shows. I also enjoy their NFL coverage. A little bit more than the coverage on ESPN and CBS.

Used to watch Fox , WB and UPN more than any others. Still watch a lot of CW shows. I gave up on Bones this year and nothing else on Fox other than sports really interests me. I like Masterchef but prefer the Aussie, UK and a couple of other foreign versions to the US version. 24 is coming back so I will be watching that. The Adventures of Brisco County Jr was one of my favorites early on Fox.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have watched FOX since it debuted. I was already watching the station before FOX started broadcasting on it and they changed the station number from TV23 to FOX11 (WVAH). They had a lot of syndicated programs and movies on it so I felt that it had always been a good station even before FOX arrived.

I also remember getting Dish Network when it first came out and it had the superstations on it. I would watch WB and UPN which ran a lot of syndicated programming on them as well.

I've watched since the start with Married With Children and others, but Fox is frustrating by starting Scifi shows then abandoning them, Space Above & Beyond, Firefly, Dollhouse etc ... since House left and football is over all I watch is Nascar regularly ...

Opps, I forgot about Nascar being there, watch that too ...

Since 1986 Tracey Ullman and when during commercials they had the "Simpsons" burping. That was way before the series started,

Wife was hooked on King of the Hill,we have every episode of it on ehd.She was also big on That 70's show and Malcolm in the Middle.Myself I preferred Futurama.I also recall a Saturday late night show similar to SNL,think it was MAd tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts