How long to leave External Hard Drive transfering to receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
So my external hard drive started experiencing freezing while watching shows on it. So now I need to move everything to my receiver. All 300gb of it. How long is too long to leave it transferring a group of shows at one time? Can I let it transfer one big batch for hours or will that cause problems? Anyone have any experience with this?

I tried moving a lot at one time.. It kept stopping.. So I went back and only moved about an hours worth at a time and it was fine.. I tried the large files twice before I gave up and moved to small ones..

So my external hard drive started experiencing freezing while watching shows on it. ...
Might this be a problem with the external drive, not the receiver? That could also be causing your transfers to stop.

I'd do blocks of programs and see which ones fail, then narrow down that block to eventually isolate the corrupted program.

Then replace the drive immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)