New sub receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schneider21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Central PA
wondering what receiver is currently available for new subs (HD + DVR)?
Haven't been able to dig up that info - other than seeing the 922 upgrade for free for good customers....
That would lead me to believe that the 722 is the usual offering?

Last edited:
Usually 722k, 722, or 622 for two room solutions (1 HD 1 SD), depending on what's on-board the truck or in the warehouse. 612 for single TV. I'd want one of the first three, preferably a 722k or 722 even for a single TV if I was getting a single receiver. I just don't care for the 612.

722 should be the usual offering. Some techs might have 622s on the truck. 722/722k would be my choice so you have the option of the Sling adapter. Not sure if you can officially request that on a new install, but ask the tech as soon as he knocks on your door what he has on the truck and say no thanks to the 622.

922 is stable at this point, but unless you just have to have the pretty interface or multiple EHDs, its not worth the extra $4/month IMO.

I think the Sling adapter promo is still on, making it "free" after rebate if you have a 722/722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts