How long will you wait for DISH to deliver before switching to DirectTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How long will you wait for DISH to deliver before switching to DirectTV

• 1 week

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • 1 month

Votes: 72 10.5%
  • 6 months

Votes: 194 28.3%
  • 1 year

Votes: 60 8.8%
  • as long as it takes

Votes: 192 28.0%
  • I'm in a contract with Dish

Votes: 126 18.4%
  • I'm in a contract but will leave anyway

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Later Than The First Day Of Baseball Season

Direct TV recently started carrying Fox Sports Net Bay Area in HD. If baseball season starts & Dish doesn't have FSNBA-HD, I'm canceling (buying-out) my contract & moving to Direct.

The basic question is invalid as Dish currently has more HD than Direct TV. Also, when Direct TV gets 100 or 200 HD channels Dish will have 115 or 215 because they have the additional 15 exclusive VOOM channels. So, moot question.

The basic question is invalid as Dish currently has more HD than Direct TV. Also, when Direct TV gets 100 or 200 HD channels Dish will have 115 or 215 because they have the additional 15 exclusive VOOM channels. So, moot question.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha That's really funny.

So you get 100-200 less than stellar, low rez HD channels with D*, so where is the advantage? I really don't think Dish really cares one way or another when people "threaten" to leave because they don'y have this or that or the quality of PQ isn't what they expect or demand. Big business looks at the whole picture and not just a few individuals who think that telling them ," I will just leave if they don't get what I want"! Sounds like a bunch of school kids bickering. By the way, I have both, so I can see the difference in quality.

So you get 100-200 less than stellar, low rez HD channels with D*, so where is the advantage? I really don't think Dish really cares one way or another when people "threaten" to leave because they don'y have this or that or the quality of PQ isn't what they expect or demand. Big business looks at the whole picture and not just a few individuals who think that telling them ," I will just leave if they don't get what I want"! Sounds like a bunch of school kids bickering. By the way, I have both, so I can see the difference in quality.

How can you say what D*'s PQ looks like with their new MPEG4 HD channels when in thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...er-before-switching-directtv.html#post1077474 you said "Thank goodness I only have it for baseball and nothing else, my account with Direct is in suspension until next April."

And do you know for a fact that these new channels are low rez HD since Scott has said that D* is not down rezzing the new MPEG4 channels?

E* has more HD than D* now???? haha, good one

How can you say what D*'s PQ looks like with their new MPEG4 HD channels when in thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...er-before-switching-directtv.html#post1077474 you said "Thank goodness I only have it for baseball and nothing else, my account with Direct is in suspension until next April."

And do you know for a fact that these new channels are low rez HD since Scott has said that D* is not down rezzing the new MPEG4 channels?
Good point, either he was lying before, or he is lying now. which is it?

Someone has been watching too many Dish Network commercials. :D

Caught part of a D* commercial last night where D* was making a big point that "we are not HD-Lite, like the cable companies are". i didnt catch if D* also bashed E*, but I think it was just cable.

Well I just found out that all of the new D* HD receivers lack an ATSC tuner (i.e., port for an OTA digital TV antenna signal). That is probably a deal breaker for me. I was planning on jumping to D* when E* shut off HD to my Dish 811, but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Well I just found out that all of the new D* HD receivers lack an ATSC tuner (i.e., port for an OTA digital TV antenna signal). That is probably a deal breaker for me. I was planning on jumping to D* when E* shut off HD to my Dish 811, but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
The only ones that dont have OTA tuners are the H-21 and the HR-21. The H-20 and HR-20 are still being made and still have OTA tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)