How many are actually buying Sunday ticket this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Well after all the clamour and the moaning about the price, who actually has SUNDAY Ticket.. I stood my ground and don't have it. I would take a week free by promotion if I could get it, but I am not buying it. Who did buy it, and are the numbers Down this year?

Well, I stuck to my word and didn't sub to the ST this year! Im still pissed off on the price and the Sucker Fan pack! I pay enough as is, they will never see my money again!

I have ST & SF, a reversal for me but my SF was at no charge. I ended up at $179 for the whole ball of wax.

gman1010 said:
i got st and sf ,but i got the sf for free!!!!! :)

Same here. I really wanted the HD channels. That game mix is a huge dud. Too much junk on screen and bad quality. I do like the red zone channel. No commercials, constant action. Good job on that one D*.

gman1010 said:
i got st and sf ,but i got the sf for free!!!!! :)

same here, but would still have got both even if I had to pay $500. STILL cheaper then season tickets to my Phins...and I live in MA...that is a lot of dough in tickets and flights to only see have the games.

Not me, and here's why...games I watched without ST:
NE/OAL HD
NYJ/KC HD
NJG/ARZ HD
NO/CAR HD
DAL/SD HD
PIT/TEN HD
BAL/IND HD
TB/MIN
MIA/DEN
last two mins of SF/STL HD
and tonight PHL/ATL HD
and if D* didn't hide behind SHERVA all would had been HD

rkr0923 said:

Sorry, but that's patently false. NFL dictates blackouts, not D*. It's beyond annoying, but it's not D*'s fault.

And if you think ST's blackouts are bad - try living in the NY area with 2 teams causing blackouts!

rkr0923 said:
Not me, and here's why...games I watched without ST:
NE/OAL HD
NYJ/KC HD
NJG/ARZ HD
NO/CAR HD
DAL/SD HD
PIT/TEN HD
BAL/IND HD
TB/MIN
MIA/DEN
last two mins of SF/STL HD
and tonight PHL/ATL HD

How? you cited 9 games. The typical duration is 3 hours pergame. How do you watch 27 hours of football in 11 hours? from 1pm to say midnight. Do you sleep?

what the real question is, is not HOW in respect to time. But it's more how in respect to reception. Either this was a local trip to the nearby Sports bar, or something else that hasn't been explored yet. As for myself, I've missed out this first weekend; I'm trying to get a little bit more understanding of my 9200 receiver purchase. But sometime before next Sunday, im going to have NFLST via northern brother's help. So in respect for the threads question...I'm GOING to.

Sunday Ticket is overated in my Book

With the HD Lite Fox games plus the combination that DirecTv messes up with the bandwith and resolution of the channels, there are only a few games that are true HD. The CBS's game, ESPN and ABC MNF.

If you are in a market where you can get ABC, CBS, and later NBC. You may not need sunday ticket. Depending on each sunday, you could get 2-4 NFL games on each sunday through OTA. Plus ESPN's Sunday Night and ABC Monday Night. More than enough for me for Football in a week. I'll probably watch only two games per week any way.

I decided to cancel Sunday Ticket this year. I like the package and I am a huge football fan but I felt I now get enough games in HD without Sunday Ticket I could live without it.

This last week gave me these games in HD:
Thursday - Raiders vs. Patriots - ABC
Sunday - Vikings vs. Bucs - FOX, Chargers vs. Cowboys - FOX, Dolphins vs. Broncos - CBS, Colts vs. Ravens - ESPN
Monday - Eagles vs. Falcons - ABC

This plus the college games I also got to see in HD on ESPN 1 & 2 & HDnet. ABC dropped the ball on college football this weekend though.

hancox said:
Sorry, but that's patently false. NFL dictates blackouts, not D*. It's beyond annoying, but it's not D*'s fault.

And if you think ST's blackouts are bad - try living in the NY area with 2 teams causing blackouts!
Dude I just "moved" to NY this week and I received the Jets and Giants on the HD LIL feeds in the 80's. Yesterday the only game I could not find in HD (didn't care to) was the Seahawks ... all others were in HD.

This was a non-normal week due to the Thu PM game. Most weeks, you *would not* see the doubleheader on Fox from NY.

I was leaning towards cancelling anyway and the SF thing pushed me over the edge.. I have both locals and distant networks so I had more available then I could watch anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)