How many are getting EI since it includes MLB.tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
Just saw a Directv ad during the Dallas Stars broadcast that said "For the first time ever, MLB.tv is included." Of course it didn't give a price,it just gave the Directv EI webpage link which hasn't been updated yet. I was going to get EI anyway, but this makes it a great value if they don't jack up the price too much.

If it works like Sunday Ticket, it's worthless. Too many blackouts. If a non-local team is on a local channel, can you watch it? If the Red Sox were on a local channel, MASN, FS South, SportSouth, or FS Cin, will I be able to watch on my computer/phone?

If it works like Sunday Ticket, it's worthless. Too many blackouts. If a non-local team is on a local channel, can you watch it? If the Red Sox were on a local channel, MASN, FS South, SportSouth, or FS Cin, will I be able to watch on my computer/phone?

MLB.tv blacks out all live games involving local teams. Archived games can be watched 1 hour after the game is over.

It's definitely not worthless. Baseball is different than the NFL in that much fewer games will be available in your area on any given night through regular TV. Most of those channels you just listed are the RSN for NL teams. Out of a 162 game season the Red Sox will be playing very few games on those channels so you will be able to watch most games. Sure the ones that are available on those channels will be blacked out but in theory you could get them with your regular TV subscription. If that's still an issue for you there are ways to "move" on the internet just like people "move" on Directv to get a different RSN.

Last edited:
It's definitely not worthless. Baseball is different than the NFL in that much fewer games will be available in your area on any given night through regular TV. Most of those channels you just listed are the RSN for NL teams. Out of a 162 game series the Red Sox will be playing very few games on those channels so you will be able to watch most games. Sure the ones that are available on those channels will be blacked out but in theory you could get them with your regular TV subscription.

Exactly. I can't watch those games on my phone. Granted, it's very few and a smaller percentage of the overall season. Have they added all the Fox games? I thought I heard that the Fox Saturday baseball was changing this season. I assume FS1 is involved.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Exactly. I can't watch those games on my phone. Granted, it's very few and a smaller percentage of the overall season. Have they added all the Fox games? I thought I heard that the Fox Saturday baseball was changing this season. I assume FS1 is involved.

I don't think FS1 has any games this year. The Fox Saturday games have been added to MLB.tv and, I assume, EI this year. I got an email about it when my MLB.tv subscription auto-renewed a couple weeks ago. Basically it said I would be able to watch the Fox Saturday games that aren't televised in my area on MLB.tv this season. In the past you only got the game your local Fox station picked up and there was no way to access the rest of the Fox games.

That's excellent news. The only Orioles Reds and Nationals games I didn't have last year were those on Fox because my local Fox stations both showed the Braves.

That also means that the Red Sox Yankees games will be nationwide. Many were nationwide on Fox Deportes, but that's not HD.

yes, if you have every had the NBA Package it work the same on your computer , iphone, ipad

Just saw a Directv ad during the Dallas Stars broadcast that said "For the first time ever, MLB.tv is included." Of course it didn't give a price,it just gave the Directv EI webpage link which hasn't been updated yet. I was going to get EI anyway, but this makes it a great value if they don't jack up the price too much.
i have paid for EI already, how do i activate MLB.TV so i can watch the spring training games which i believe you can with MLB.TV?

i have paid for EI already, how do i activate MLB.TV so i can watch the spring training games which i believe you can with MLB.TV?

I don't have an answer for you because I only have the MLB.tv portion. I can confirm that spring training games are included in the normal, non-EI bundled version of MLB.tv with no blackouts. Directv may not be sending out MLB.tv information yet because Extra Innings hasn't officially started yet. Hopefully you get it soon.

This is a great improvement to the MLB EI package. This year there will be less blackouts on Saturdays, and MLB.TV included.

I tried MLB.TV once and ended up canceling because I preferred to use my DVR and a better picture quality, but did think about having both for when I am away from home.
I have a sling box but a fairly limited upload speed makes it pretty weak picture quality.

There were people spending over $300 to have both, this is the right thing for MLB to do, and it is good for their broadcast partners.

I don't have an answer for you because I only have the MLB.tv portion. I can confirm that spring training games are included in the normal, non-EI bundled version of MLB.tv with no blackouts. Directv may not be sending out MLB.tv information yet because Extra Innings hasn't officially started yet. Hopefully you get it soon.
looks like the rumors were true, i can now watch the spring training games.

Might have gotten EI with MLB.tv

The addition of MLB.tv makes the DirecTV EI package more attractive. I switched to MLB.tv two seasons ago because of the cost savings. Although the picture quality isn't as good, I found I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to watch MLB.tv on different platforms in addition to paying $80 less per season. I might have gone with Extra Innings this season if I had known about the addition of MLB.tv before my auto renewal of MLB.tv late last month.

MLB EI + MLB.TV

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1394738245.575869.jpg

Just thought I would share this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)