How many Dish channels are 1080P ? NOV 2015

All I have is my eyes, about 12 years experience with HD, and having owned about 11 different 720 and 1080p displays.

And you may be right, it could be improvements in tech that play parts into, which is just another reason not to go "hey, if you sit this far away you are fine with a 720p display". Scalers and SoC's in tv's improve often as well.

As far as proving it simply, walk into best buy and watch the side by side demos. I walked well over 15 feet away from a 65" and it was obvious which one was UHD.

My new 65" UHD XBR has a "cleaner" image than my 1080p plasma, but part of that could just be the tech. Regardless, it looks better... So while maybe I can't trump a scientific formula with my experience, don't poopoo improved display tech with a view distance chart.

IMO, the more dense pixel structure has it's benefits, and I saw that going from a 720p panny plasma to a 1080p panny plasma (both 50" at 13 feet). Now a chart would tell me I could not see anything at 13 feet, but I saw something because I had them both in the room in 2008.

I guess at the end of it, we all have a good point. If you have the exact same display, and just change resolutions, maybe you would not notice any difference at a certain point. But, the chart should not be the sole decision is deciding an upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)