How many Dishes will I need Please...

LonC25

Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
I just got the good news that my locals will be available on the 11th of Dec.. They are going to be at 121.

I am going to get the 811, AT150 and locals. I currently have Dish 500. I know I will need SuperDish for locals, but will I need another dish for HD stuff?

LonC25 said:
I just got the good news that my locals will be available on the 11th of Dec.. They are going to be at 121.

I am going to get the 811, AT150 and locals. I currently have Dish 500. I know I will need SuperDish for locals, but will I need another dish for HD stuff?

The SuperDish will get the sats at 110,119 and 121. At this time, some of the HD programming is on 61.5 and 148. Take a look at:
http://www.dishchannelchart.com/ to see what channels are on which sat.

Thanks for the quick reply...

really... only HBO and SHO will require another dish? HDPack (and locals through the 811) should work fine. Great news. Thanks.

LonC25 said:
Thanks for the quick reply...

really... only HBO and SHO will require another dish? HDPack (and locals through the 811) should work fine. Great news. Thanks.

Right :)

so if I just order the 811-301 deal with hd pac and HBO deal
they should be installing 2 dish's 1 for 110/119 and 1 for 61.5 is this correct ?

My guess is that they will give you a superdish for your locals and repoint your Dish 500 to 61.5 for the additional HD content. The problem is though that for the time being there is no 4 satellite solution for DishPro equipment. I think you will have to wait for the DP44 switch to come out next year for you to receive anything off of 61.5. I could be wrong though. Anyone???

If your locals are on 110/119 then you can "do the happy dance" as Scott says. All that you will miss if you don't want the second dish are HBO-HD, SHO-HD, and KCBS-DT. Some would say those are pretty significant omissions but no big deal for me. I can get KCBS-DT over the air and I don't sub to HBO or SHO anyway so all I would need for my HD future is a Dish 500. :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)