how many external drives

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
How many external drives can you format and use with a 612 and or 722?
I have one which works fine and when hooking up another it needs to re-format (expected) and then re-boot the DVR (unexpected)
My fear is that the DVR will only sync or recognize the latest drive formated and thus render my fist drive useless?

Mike

As many as you care to use.

The format and reboot at first use is "normal."

(we could debate the usage of the word "normal" to describe dish programmers decision to reboot after a format but that's what they programmed it to do)

Huh,...
Ok I will go ahead and format the next disk and use the sucker.
Thanks!
Mike

I have 10 now... ;)
Well you are ahead of me if those are not small.
I've got 5*750GB (WD) + 1*1TB (Cavalry) + a small 250GB. Getting quite full.
I had one DVR of 3 get a different key in last digit that was working 24 hr earlier and had to request a hit. That changed all keys with one still different in the last digit but now working, how? If key is on disk, how does it work with new and different DVR keys?

-Ken

One of my drives is a Lacie portable. It has a usb interface, and when not enough power, another usb which plugs into a low volt plug on the drive.
I use the usb in the back of my 722 for the xtra power, and the USB in the front of the unit for the interface. It works.
Mike

And I thought I collected way too much.

Keep in mind, the 211 & 722 external drives will not be swappable with each other, viewable on the other STB. Different systems.

But you can view external content on several 622 or 722 units on your account.

And I thought I collected way too much.

Keep in mind, the 211 & 722 external drives will not be swappable with each other, viewable on the other STB. Different systems.

But you can view external content on several 622 or 722 units on your account.

I don't suppose anyone knows if you will be able to share HDDs between the 622, 722 and 922? Or will they be using a different system?

I don't suppose anyone knows if you will be able to share HDDs between the 622, 722 and 922? Or will they be using a different system?
Theoretically speaking it should works; OS will be the same, just will have more fancy components, like support touchscreen and providing new GUI.
Will see soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts