How many HD receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
I am getting ready to switch to Direct from Dish. I was wondering how many HD receivers Direct might give me without paying extra for them? I was looking to get maybe 4 or 5 HD receivers (no DVR's).

I am getting ready to switch to Direct from Dish. I was wondering how many HD receivers Direct might give me without paying extra for them? I was looking to get maybe 4 or 5 HD receivers (no DVR's).

That should not be a problem.
I would call them and see what they have to offer you, i find you can do better calling vs doing it on line.

Generally the first two are free. One HD-DVR (or HD if no DVR is desired) and one HD (non-dvr).

Extra HD Receivers are $99 each (or $199 for HD-DVR).

That should not be a problem.
I would call them and see what they have to offer you, i find you can do better calling vs doing it on line.
Thanks, I will call them. I have tried talking online but I don't get a straight answer. Do you happen to know how long as a new customer before you can use their moving plan? We have a summer home and I wanted to have a system hooked up at both houses so when we go there we can just bring the receivers with us? They told me I could have another system hooked up I would have to pay for the installation at the second place but if I moved it would be free.

just do your own dish install at the 2nd house...much easier
I thought about installing my own dish but I don't know much about Direct's hardware and setup so I thought I might have them do it. I currently have Dish (12 yrs) and have done all of my own setup's. I guess I could do my own setup. I do have an old Direct dish with a triple lnb, would that system still work for NYC programing? What is the 5 lnb for?

The 5 LNB and the slimline 3 LNB is for HD

The old "triple LNB" is for SD only (101/110/119)
slimline 3 sees 99/101/103...99/103 are the HD sats
slimline 5 LNB sees 99/101/103/110/119
unless you want spanish programming 119 is not needed...110 is vacant right now

The 5 LNB and the slimline 3 LNB is for HD

The old "triple LNB" is for SD only (101/110/119)
slimline 3 sees 99/101/103...99/103 are the HD sats
slimline 5 LNB sees 99/101/103/110/119
unless you want spanish programming 119 is not needed...110 is vacant right now
Thanks Iceberg, maybe I will just do my own install on the second house. How many receivers can you hookup to the slimline 3 and what kind of switch would you use to add more receivers?

I think its 4 "tuners" (not receivers) standard out of the box, but you can always add a switch to have more.

There is a monthly fee of $5 per receiver with no charge for the 1st one. So with 5 receivers 1t would be $20 per month.

Well, if the first one is free and they were HD DVR's at $ 18 p/m = $72 extra per month for recvrs

Ouch ...

Not entirely true, but lets add to the confusion by stating it depends on which HD DVR you go with. 612? 722? 922? all a different price.

There is a monthly fee of $5 per receiver with no charge for the 1st one. So with 5 receivers 1t would be $20 per month.
I knew the monthly fee was $5 each after the first one but I was wondering if it was possible to get more than two HD receivers without paying an additional fee for them as a new customer. I know with Dish they will give you 3 free HD receivers but what good is that when they don't have MSG in HD and the other RSN's are in HD when they feel like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)