How many here will be HDTV ready if FTA HD receiver debuts ?

If HD FTA were to come out, are you HDTV ready ?

• I'm HDTV Ready and just can't wait.

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • I'm not and have no desire to upgrade TV.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I'm not but I plan on buying a HDTV

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I'm HDTV ready , and can care less about HDFTA

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
How many here will be HDTV ready if FTA HD receiver debuts ?

I for one do not have a HD TV, but I'm considering getting one in the next 6 months.

Now if a STB FTA HD receiver comes out with option of downconverting HD to NTSC, that would put my Tv purchase on hold.

I'd probably start with one see how it goes on the big screen then get another for the bedroom if we really like it.

Though the other option is if I can get the whole PC thing working maybe I'll setup MythTV and have them in all the rooms.. :)

I'm HD ready, but like the PC route too. That's what I do now, and then I can play the files back across my network in other rooms.

Same here, I could not wait for HD so I use the DVB World USB receiver for HD / 4:2:2 / AC3 digital audio!

No computer to open, no software needed other than what comes with it!

You can even record direct to hard drive and it has a timer, just like a mini Tivo :)

HD Ready here. So far I like OTA HD, but actually cancelled HD package on D*. It's not worth the $10/month, but the OTA part of receiver does the trick.

Already have HD here on DVB PCI, OTA, and 4DTV. Seems like "already have FTA HD" should have been a choice.
I agree with this, so I haven't voted. I can already get HD FTA on my Twinhan 102g card. I also have the Quali-tv QS1080IR receiver, that I watch most of my HD FTA on.
But, I will most likely get a new HD FTA STB, if it has blind scan, as mine don't?

Al

The Quali-tv QS1080IR receiver can be set for 480i - 480p - 720p - 1080i and also for some different PAL video settings, for the output.

Al

Its great that the Quali does all the above

Originally Posted by voomvoom
I agree with this, so I haven't voted. I can already get HD FTA on my Twinhan 102g card. I also have the Quali-tv QS1080IR receiver, that I watch most of my HD FTA on.
But, I will most likely get a new HD FTA STB, if it has blind scan, as mine don't?

Al

2 bad the Quali don`t do blind scan if it did that would be my choice in a
HDTV receiver

I'm ready for an HD FTA STB.

I'm currently enjoying my Tivo Series3 for the bulk of my HD Entertainment.

Like many others here the DVBWold box gets me FTA HD on my PC.

Already have HD here on DVB PCI, OTA, and 4DTV. Seems like "already have FTA HD" should have been a choice.

I put that poll together rather quickly and never thought about HD FTA via PC, sorry I didn't include that option.

den0nlord who is that in you Avatar, Looks familiar, is it Ronnie James DIO

Yes its Ronnie James DIO, just PM'd him last night about it, and its ACTUAL SIZE!

:)

I have HD now. Using OTA . Works fine. There are a few channels that I would like to get, can live without them for the price they are asking.

Have HD via HR20 and OTA. Also FTA-HD with DVB PCI Card.
HD-FTA receiver will be under my xmas tree this year (if released by then)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)