how many lines coming off of a dish1000?

a dish 1000 out of the box comes with a dpp twin. which only works with two recievers unless you have dual tuner recievers. to do 4 single recievers you would need to get a dp34

birddoggy said:
a dish 1000 out of the box comes with a dpp twin. which only works with two recievers unless you have dual tuner recievers. to do 4 single recievers you would need to get a dp34

No. The Dish 1000 out-of-the-box supports providing three satellites (110/119/129) to two receivers (including dual tuner receivers). No external switches are required unless you are supporting more than two receiver locations. Then you need to use a DPP44 which permits up to four satellites to four receivers (that is what the 44 means). Actually, multiple DPP44 switches can be cascaded for up to twelve receivers, but that gets expensive.

One of the nice things about both the Dish 1000 and the DPP44 is that it only takes a single run of RG6 coax to each dual-tuner receiver. At the receiver location a special Dish "separator" is then used to connect to the two inputs on the dual-tuner receivers.

Last edited:
For the "dummie" in me, does that mean with a Dish 1000, I could run one line straight to my 501, and the other to a dual tuner-721-622 whichever, without any other hardware other than a separator (what is that part number)at the receiver of the dual tuner, or would I need the DPP-44 in the loop as well, and if needed, where?

SD04 said:
For the "dummie" in me, does that mean with a Dish 1000, I could run one line straight to my 501, and the other to a dual tuner-721-622 whichever, without any other hardware other than a separator (what is that part number)at the receiver of the dual tuner, or would I need the DPP-44 in the loop as well, and if needed, where?

You are correct. I currently have the same hardware as a Dish 1000, but I just have 2 lines, one to my 501 and one to my 921 (which uses a separator to power the dual tuners).

Both posters above are correct though. To add a 3rd receiver, you can either add a DP34, which will allow 3 Sats to 4 'tuners' (2 of which will need to feed your 721/622) or you can go with the more expensive DPP44 switch, which will allow 4 Sats to 4 'receivers' (only one feed needed to each dual receiver, which then uses a separator to feed the dual tuners just like the Dish 1000 DPP-Twin does). The DPP44 could then support the 622, 501 and 721 if you had all 3 (there is not enough lines to support the combined 5 'tuners' out of the DP34).

Clear as Mud? Working into the Fog stage yet? Or all clear?

SD04 said:

If you only have two receiver locations, then you do not need the DPP44--even if connecting to dual-tuner receivers. It is a great system! A separator costs about $10, but one came with my 625 receiver. I don't have the part number handy.

Last edited:
rdinkel said:
No. The Dish 1000 out-of-the-box supports providing three satellites (110/119/129) to two receivers (including dual tuner receivers). No external switches are required unless you are supporting more than two receiver locations. Then you need to use a DPP44 which permits up to four satellites to four receivers (that is what the 44 means). Actually, multiple DPP44 switches can be cascaded for up to twelve receivers, but that gets expensive.
One of the nice things about both the Dish 1000 and the DPP44 is that it only takes a single run of RG6 coax to each dual-tuner receiver. At the receiver location a special Dish "separator" is then used to connect to the two inputs on the dual-tuner receivers.

isn't that what i said

So, why couldn't you use 1 output to say 811/211 or whatever and place a seperater on that, one feed goes to 811 and the other goes to a 301? Why wouldnt' that work? I have 3 receivers (2 301's, and 1 811) thinking about upgrading my 811 to a 211, which would require me to get a Dish1000, couldn't I do this, without buying a DP34 or DPP44? The 811 or future 211 and one of my 301's is only divided by 1 wall, that already has a hole for a phone line (with phone jacks in the wall), why couldn't I run the RG6 cable through this wall from the 211 and run it into the 301 on the other side?

I have a Dish 500 and aDP single lnb dish for 61.5 with two single receivers. Will Dish install the Dish 1000 and furnish me a dp44 switch so I do not lose the 61.5 dish.

birddoggy said:
isn't that what i said

My "No" was that I would not recommend using a DP34 switch, because if you do you will disable the DP Plus capabilities that permit running a dual-tuner receiver off of a single coax feed with a separator. Did not mean to sound abrupt. Bob

o ok, personally I prefer the dp34 over the dpp44 mostly because you can find them extremely cheap. also I like that they don't have to have the power inserter. obviously the 44 has it's place though. if you are using dual tuners definately go with the dpp44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)