Voom required to get 622 deal?

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi currently I have a 522 receiver. I was just wondering if I upgrade to the 622 will they require me to get the voom channels? I want the other hd channels I'm just not interested in the voom channels right now. Also I don't need locals cuz I have an antenna which gets all the networks.

Yes, Voom is becoming part of the standard HD package, so if you want any of the new channels you will need to pay for the full package which includes Voom.

From what I have read the only receivers that qualify for the upgrade price would be the curent HD receivers i.e. 6000s, 811s, 921/42s.

This upgrade path TOTALLY sucks for anyone that purchased/leased a 942 or an 811 within say the last 2 months.

Well that sucks. Do you know if the Dish 1000 works in PA? If I have to get voom I'd rather just have one dish. I live in Chambersburg, PA.

Nope. It looks like you can upgrade from any receiver, for as much as $299. If they stick to what they've announced, and do not "clarify" it more restrictively at tomorrow's Retailer Chat, I'll be turning in a 301 for a VIP622. If I must, I might give up my 508, but not my 721.

yeah, I activated an old 301 a couple weeks ago just incase they allowed any receiver to be upgraded. So far, it looks good, but am awaiting what the retailer chat says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)