Get Dish to swap out Hopper

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I have to get siding replaced from hail and my dish is on it. Also getting the roof replaced but I want to get dish off side of house and will see what I have to do to get that done. I have had a problem with FOX only recording the very end of programs for years now. The only way it will work is to take FOX off prime time which means can not use auto skip. Really sucks when you start watching a cooking show and get the spoiler first thing. I want them to replace the Hopper while they here to relocated dish and replace Joey with a wireless Joey.. Any suggestions on how to make them do this? I been with them forever. Should I just threaten to quit?

Last edited:
The only way it will work is to take FOX off prime time which means can not use auto skip.
:( Are you sure about that? I don't sub to satellite locals at all and record all that I want off my antenna. I turned on PTAT (which doesn't record anything off satellite), and yet my OTA locals still have autohop.

:( Are you sure about that? I don't sub to satellite locals at all and record all that I want off my antenna. I turned on PTAT (which doesn't record anything off satellite), and yet my OTA locals still have autohop.
I guess it not that big of deal. I have to manually skip commercials on that one channel since I took it off Prime time. Maybe this DVR messed up somehow which is why I want a new one.

I have to get siding replaced from hail and my dish is on it. Also getting the roof replaced but I want to get dish off side of house and will see what I have to do to get that done. I have had a problem with FOX only recording the very end of programs for years now. The only way it will work is to take FOX off prime time which means can not use auto skip. Really sucks when you start watching a cooking show and get the spoiler first thing. I want them to replace the Hopper while they here to relocated dish and replace Joey with a wireless Joey.. Any suggestions on how to make them do this? I been with them forever. Should I just threaten to quit?
Just call and tell them what you need. It's a $50 relocate fee though.