HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CHANGED OVER TO THE DISH FROM DTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I switched from dtv 3 months ago and wish I never did.

I have had 4 service calls. I am on my 4th box and still having problems.

First 3 service calls and two boxes where for searching for sat.

Last service call and 1 box was for a reboot at random times.

And let me not forget, I was told a 722k would be installed and after the installer had the DTV sat taken down and the dish network up, he tells me I have to take a 722 not a 722k. they keep promising a 722k replacement to be sent, I have seen one which was DOA.

Dish has lost me as a long term customer.

I had 2 recieves from dtv and never one problem.

Electronic equipment

I switched from dtv 3 months ago and wish I never did.

I have had 4 service calls. I am on my 4th box and still having problems.

First 3 service calls and two boxes where for searching for sat.

Last service call and 1 box was for a reboot at random times.

And let me not forget, I was told a 722k would be installed and after the installer had the DTV sat taken down and the dish network up, he tells me I have to take a 722 not a 722k. they keep promising a 722k replacement to be sent, I have seen one which was DOA.

Dish has lost me as a long term customer.

I had 2 recieves from dtv and never one problem.

The thing is in most cases if electronic equipment id going to go bad there will be a good chance it will be in the 1st few weeks. Now as far as not getting the 722k instead of the 722 then just keep bugging them and for the inconvience that you have gone thru you should get the OTA module for free. So contact CEO @ Echostar. com. and tell them all the crap you have had to go thru and they will fix things right. It's too bad that you have had problems but I guess you just have been having a bit of bad luck. Also wondering if there may be a wiring problem that is cousing the short life experience on the DVR's?

After I switched to Dish, now Directv sends me at least once a week an offer that was way better than what I wanted at the time I would have stayed with them.....got two offers already this week alone. Go figger :rolleyes:

Yes my two "friends" I know I will hear from weekly, Charter and DirecTV. Both go straight to the recycle bin! :p

The thing is in most cases if electronic equipment id going to go bad there will be a good chance it will be in the 1st few weeks.
That's not my experience with the two 722K's I've had. They both started out operating perfectly but over the course of several months, slowly developed more and more operational glitches - skipping to end of recordings, pauses/glitches in the audio or video, etc. I'm not going to bother getting another replacement.

FWIW, my old Tivo on DTV never had a single glitch in 5 years of use. In the future, I'll go with whoever offers a Tivo HD DVR.

Last edited:
I had D*, then took a cable package, and have now had dish for about 1 year. For me dish is the best of them. Most bang for the buck. Had a problem with my first receiver from dish, and their customer service was so much better than D*. Sent a tech out with a replacement the next day. Forget about cable here. It is Cablevision, and the software on their boxes is from the stoneage.
One thing that I notice, in some of the post about D*, is that people had problems with returning boxes. I also had a problem. I sent the damn box back to them, and got a notice from a collection agency about a month later. They claimed that they never received the box. It was quite a mess and when dealing with them, they were rather nasty. I would never go back to them just for that reason. I finally did get it taken care of. They had the box, but it scanned as a different receiver. Their fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts