How many plan to reboot your E* STB before the Super Bowl?

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
everytime something important came on tv that i planned to watch, i would do a soft reboot on my 811. just wondering how many of you plan to do a reboot before the superbowl comes on.

I probably wont need to, It's been working fine.

I'm gonna fix your thread a lil since you're talking about the 811.

i was kind of talking about all receivers since the 921 and 522 have had their share of problems. my 811 worked fine after the last software download, but i still did not want to take a chance.

my bad if i put 811 in the topic, could you move it back to the regular dish forum. thanks.

Don't know if I'll even bother watching since I can't get it in HD and don't really care about either team.

Receiver wise, my 501 and 508 are rock solid and my 811 has been OK since the last upgrade (I don't use OTA), so no reboots planned here.

NightRyder

Well, I'd consider rebooting before something important came on, but why bother when the set's going to be off anyway ;)

My 811 has had some major hiccups since the 284 download. OTA is the biggest problem. When OTA I have trouble with the guide freezing or not having any information that I never had before. I have had a couple of bsod events but not as many as before. This seems to be better but definitely not cured.
The guide problems were not there before but they are a big problem now. I go to the guide and it goes to finding satellite mode and it takes forever now to find the satellite signal. In the past it was a minute or two and back up, last night I timed it the second time it did it and it took over four minutes.
This 811 is definitely a piece of crap as far as I am concerned. I started with 281 and it has not improved from then as far as I can tell.
If I did not hate Time Warner and had not taken a blood oath to never use them again I would be back there now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts