How Many Receivers?

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Does DishNetwork consider the 721 and 522 as 1 receiver each even though they have 2 tuners?

They count as 1 receiver but 2 tuners so it depends on what you are counting for. You can have 6 receivers on an account, which would be 12 dual tuners. But for leasing you can only lease 4 Tuners which would be 2 dual tuner receivers or 4 single tuner receivers.

They count the 721 as 1 tuner, as it only has the single output. Same with the 921.

But I do NOT believe these were ever LEASED receivers (purchased only) so it doesn't count toward the "4 tuner leased" limit... ;)
If you re-read boba post, it spells out you CAN have up to 6 receivers/12 tuners on 1 account, but ONLY 4 tuners can be LEASED ones.

They count as 1 receiver but 2 tuners so it depends on what you are counting for. You can have 6 receivers on an account, which would be 12 dual tuners. But for leasing you can only lease 4 Tuners which would be 2 dual tuner receivers or 4 single tuner receivers.

I called in last night and went round and round with a girl in Tech support (American in Virginia center). She kept insisting that it was 6 TUNERS. She said I could only have my 2 622's and 1 721 connected. That was 6 TUNERS... She said I couldn't activate a 311 because that would be 7 tuners. I insisted that it was 6 RECEIVERS. She said no... it is 6 TUNERS and only 4 TUNERS if your boxes are leased. I told her that all of mine were purchased and I could have 6 receivers. she again insisted it was 6 TUNERS. She put me on hold and asked a supervisor. They also told her it was 6 TUNERS... NOT RECEIVERS...

Maybe dish needs to hire the Satelliteguys.us members to run their call center, or use this website for their answers.

The software DISH has used since 1996 was designed to accept 6 SMART CARDS so a dual tuner only has 1 smart card. dstrouth you needed to play CSR roulette not speak to a supervisor.

This was the Tech Department....

Well sometimes even tech department has a few idiots working for them. I have delt with one girl that was sarcastic as hell and I finally gave up and called a regular csr who was a man, and got my hd enableing capablility turned on with my mom's 622 so she could see the hd ota stations and her hd locals ONLY. But on average the techs are the smarter of the csrs.

I called in last night and went round and round with a girl in Tech support (American in Virginia center). She kept insisting that it was 6 TUNERS. She said I could only have my 2 622's and 1 721 connected. That was 6 TUNERS... She said I couldn't activate a 311 because that would be 7 tuners. I insisted that it was 6 RECEIVERS. She said no... it is 6 TUNERS and only 4 TUNERS if your boxes are leased. I told her that all of mine were purchased and I could have 6 receivers. she again insisted it was 6 TUNERS. She put me on hold and asked a supervisor. They also told her it was 6 TUNERS... NOT RECEIVERS...

Maybe dish needs to hire the Satelliteguys.us members to run their call center, or use this website for their answers.

In a way she was right, but not 100% correct because in certain commercial accounts they allow 15 Tuners per account, where as residentual its a maximum of 6 receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)