How many Remotes do you have on your coffee table

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I should get my wife to read this post then she wouldn't complain for having five

Am I weird because I bought a Logitech Harmony and put all my other remotes in a drawer somewhere? The Harmony is great. It's touch screen and the help button will usually take care of any issues. My 6 year old as well as my wife both understand how to use it. The sitter was a little intimidated at first but she figured it out. Plus I don't have to deal with "why can't I get the TV to come on?" or "how come there's no sound?"

"Just" 5...

I am no competition for you guys, but my wife still thinks this is too many... and when the in-laws come over, I have to hide 4 of them as not to confuse them! :D

1 for TV
1 for AV Receiver
1 for SV-4000
1 for VCR
1 for DVD player

Attachments

• DSCF6592.JPG
    DSCF6592.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 100
I am no competition for you guys, but my wife still thinks this is too many... and when the in-laws come over, I have to hide 4 of them as not to confuse them! :D

LOL, we do the same thing. They have express-vu, we have express-vu. We just make sure the HT receiver is on the right input.
We do the same for the house sitter. She has never once used the home theater even though I have offered. :)

Bedroom:
622 remote
Mitsubishi HD1000U
Mitsubishi HC3800
WDTV
PS3 Slim
Yamaha A/V Receiver
Replay
Directv H20

HT room:
Mitsubishi HC1500
Toshiba HD DVD Remote
Denon A/V Receiver
Magnavox BD
Directv H20

Living Room:
Sony 40" remote
Sony BDP350
Toshiba HD DVD
Dish 622
JVC A/V Receiver
Coolsat 5000
Magnavox VCR
Replay
Directv HR20

I bet the "battery guy" at radio shack either LOVED or HATED you! LOL!

RADAR

+1 for just one: Harmony. Controlling: TV, Receiver, SA3250, SageTV HDD100, DTV HR23, 2 H21, Azbox Elite HD, HDMI Switcher, Component switcher, DVD Player.

Happy to say either one or two remotes per room for each TV set (10) but 19 remotes with three Traxis DBS 2800 that didn't come with one in the basement.

Media room, urc mx 810 on tv, receiver, HD DVD, blu ray, Apple TV, TiVo

Bedroom, TiVo, TV, blu ray, Apple TV, receiver

Living room, TV, receiver, Apple TV, Roku HD, blu ray, TiVo

Office, TiVo, TV, receiver, micro hd, Apple TV

Kitchen, iMac with front row using Apple TV remote, TV

Too much stuff for one person, although since my side businesses are no more I have been spending a lot of time with my gadgets and I like it :)

In the living room: 4. One learning remote for TV, satellite, blu-ray, receiver, a DVD recorder / VCR combo, and the fireplace. Another for the Roku - it's Bluetooth. One more is for the ceiling fan, it's RF so I can't add it to the learning remote. Lastly, a micro keypad (Rii Mini RF) for the media computer.

Master BR: 3, As I haven't set up the universal remote yet. TV, DVD, and Roku.

2 Kids rooms: 4 - A DVD and TV in each.

Guest room: 2 - Combo TV/DVD/VCR and one for the converter box.

Garage: 2 - one controls TV and converter box, one for receiver (I test OTA antennas in the garage, so a TV and radio in the garage is a must!)

15 total. Wow.
But, I also have a drawer full of original remotes! I put them away without batteries as soon as the universal remotes are programmed. And all the remotes are getting upgraded to rechargeables as the batteries give out.

How about how many remotes can a 15 month old lose/disappear ?

Missing to date:

Playroom Sony LCD screen: missing original remote, then 2 replacement universal remotes.
Main family room: missing DVR remote, 1 PS3 Controller
Through out the house: 3 phones. Had to replace the entire 3 phone kit w/ a 4 headset system. 1 new headset gone on the same day.
Besides looking everywhere, including the cleaning ladies, they were never found.

Toddlers are like the members of the mafia. Don't know anything, didn't see anything, won't say anything

Now when the phone rings, I have to get up and chase the phone down before it switches to voice mail.

Cheers, K

How about how many remotes can a 15 month old lose/disappear ?

Missing to date:

Playroom Sony LCD screen: missing original remote, then 2 replacement universal remotes.
Main family room: missing DVR remote, 1 PS3 Controller
Through out the house: 3 phones. Had to replace the entire 3 phone kit w/ a 4 headset system. 1 new headset gone on the same day.
Besides looking everywhere, including the cleaning ladies, they were never found.

Toddlers are like the members of the mafia. Don't know anything, didn't see anything, won't say anything

Now when the phone rings, I have to get up and chase the phone down before it switches to voice mail.

Cheers, K

:confused::confused::confused:

How can you possibly LOSE a wireless phone around the house? Just call it with another phone, it'll ring, and then go find it....

As for the rest, why would you leave a toddler out of sight long enough to disappear all this stuff without ever finding it again? It beats me how that could even be possible.

I wouldn't admit to being out-smarted time after time by my toddler to anybody, lol.

:confused::confused::confused:

How can you possibly LOSE a wireless phone around the house? Just call it with another phone, it'll ring, and then go find it....

As for the rest, why would you leave a toddler out of sight long enough to disappear all this stuff without ever finding it again? It beats me how that could even be possible.

I wouldn't admit to being out-smarted time after time by my toddler to anybody, lol.

1- When we realized the phones were missing, their battery charges were already out.
2- Its not being outsmarted... its being out-stamina'ed --> Running after a toddler from 5:30am to about 7pm. Trust me, he's got you by the balls when the clock its 3pm

Cheers, K

1- When we realized the phones were missing, their battery charges were already out.
2- Its not being outsmarted... its being out-stamina'ed --> Running after a toddler from 5:30am to about 7pm. Trust me, he's got you by the balls when the clock its 3pm

Cheers, K
Two words DUCT TAPE !
and I don't mean for the phones/remotes :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)