How many resets a day are acceptable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Susied

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Texas
I get anywhere from 6-9 minimum every single day. Can’t watch anything fully. I started hitting record on every show I may be interested in, however, there’s 3 recordings for each and you miSS half because they’re constantly resetting! I’m just sick of it. I pay $180 a month for CRAP.
so, my question is, is this normal, and if not, is there a fix? I’ve called tech. It’s a waste of time. They have a script. I just got a new hopper3 four weeks ago, and nothing has changed. I know this may sound ridiculous, but, I have 8 TVs, they’ll only let me have 5, and I feel like there’s got to be something else that will work, this isn’t normal, or people are paying a heck of a lot for substandard service. im just hot right now, I tried watching a movie at 2:00 and it shut off 30 minutes in, then at the very last fifteen, so I missed the dang ending!

I was getting them every day, code 514b, Tech had me set the "Inactivity Timeout" to 8hrs. now I get maybe 1 or two a week. Worth a try???

When they brought out the new hopper a few weeks ago, he set the inactivity to 8 hours, on all the boxes.
we got a NEW one tonight. Usually it’s just a matter of the screen going black and then rebooting.
‘Tonight, we actually got an error code.
‘Signal acquisition is in progress. Please wait.

tried to turn channels and got a complete signal loss error.

This Is happening every time it reboots.
‘The closest weather problem is 240 miles away.
We have bright stars and no clouds. So, it shouldn’t be weather.

Reactions: TheKrell
Are you getting 002/015 after every reboot? Can you check your signal levels? I see from your profile that you are in TX, so you are probably on WA, iirc sometimes droping signal might trigger a reboot (receiver trying to reacquire whatever it lost, would explain why after upgrading you are still having the same issue). For reference, since I'm in the Houston DMA, my signal levels are 110 (70~) 119 (75~) 129 (50~), and my H3 runs without a hitch while constantly using 5-ish tuners.
Also, when the Tech visit was done, do you know if he repointed the Dish or just swapped out the LNBF (eye on the dish arm, if you will)?

I get anywhere from 6-9 minimum every single day. Can’t watch anything fully. I started hitting record on every show I may be interested in, however, there’s 3 recordings for each and you miSS half because they’re constantly resetting! I’m just sick of it. I pay $180 a month for CRAP.
so, my question is, is this normal, and if not, is there a fix? I’ve called tech. It’s a waste of time. They have a script. I just got a new hopper3 four weeks ago, and nothing has changed. I know this may sound ridiculous, but, I have 8 TVs, they’ll only let me have 5, and I feel like there’s got to be something else that will work, this isn’t normal, or people are paying a heck of a lot for substandard service. im just hot right now, I tried watching a movie at 2:00 and it shut off 30 minutes in, then at the very last fifteen, so I missed the dang ending!
It almost sounds like your Hopper is overheating. Is it well ventilated? The cooling fan is on the side, not the bottom. Also, you may just not be getting good signal which can also cause the hopper to reboot. And one more thing, you can actually have another joey, you just have to buy it

Reactions: pattykay
In 20 years or so of using DISH, I've never had a reset interrupt a program I was watching or recording.......................except for a power outage. Am I just lucky? That's just strange.
I think you are lucky. Ive had it happen a few times while watching something. Now whenever i rescan the antenna for over the air channels, about 5 mins later the box reboots. Every time i re-scan for channels. :(

• Sad
I have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 client. The only time I have had a problem with the Hopper3 rebooting is when it loses signal. If you are tuned to an OTA signal that is weak it will often cause the Hopper3 to reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 client. The only time I have had a problem with the Hopper3 rebooting is when it loses signal. If you are tuned to an OTA signal that is weak it will often cause the Hopper3 to reboot.

Must be a dish thing, my hopper duo does that's well.

Reactions: pattykay

Must be a dish thing, my hopper duo does that's well.
Yes, or at least a Hopper thing. (The "red stripe" Hoppers anyway. I am not sure about the older models.) I don't remember any Wally ever having this much of an issue with rebooting due to a slight drop in OTA signal. However, I have seen this exact same issue multiple times on both Hopper Duo and Hopper 3.

I think you are lucky. Ive had it happen a few times while watching something. Now whenever i rescan the antenna for over the air channels, about 5 mins later the box reboots. Every time i re-scan for channels. :(
Is the last channel it finds (the one with the highest-numbered frequency) one with a relatively weak signal? That may be the cause of this. Actually, at the end of the scan, I think it automatically displays the strength for the channel with the lowest virtual channel number, so maybe that channel is the culprit. Or have you tried tuning to a really strong OTA channel immediately after doing the re-scan, yet it still has the reboot issue even then?

Yes, or at least a Hopper thing. (The "red stripe" Hoppers anyway. I am not sure about the older models.) I don't remember any Wally ever having this much of an issue with rebooting due to a slight drop in OTA signal. However, I have seen this exact same issue multiple times on both Hopper Duo and Hopper 3.

Is the last channel it finds (the one with the highest-numbered frequency) one with a relatively weak signal? That may be the cause of this. Actually, at the end of the scan, I think it automatically displays the strength for the channel with the lowest virtual channel number, so maybe that channel is the culprit. Or have you tried tuning to a really strong OTA channel immediately after doing the re-scan, yet it still has the reboot issue even then?
All of my ota signals are 85 and 100"s. Next time i will try turning to one of my 100% ota channels right after and see if that works. I have a HWS by the way.
(If it makes any difference)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)