How many satellites are orbiting Earth?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stevelite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I wondered how many are orbiting the earth. Of course one satellite was shot down last night, so now there are one less.

The list can be downloaded from here. There are soooo many.

UCS Satellite Database

I don't think all, but most. I think special top secret) satellites are omitted from the list.

The definition of a satellite includes the function of orbiting the Earth or another celestial body. So, if it isn't orbiting a celestial body, it isn't a satellite. That's why I say "all of them".

If you are referring to artificial satellites placed in earth orbit and not debris, space junk, the moon etc NASA claims that the number is in excess of 5,000 but does not claim to havea truly comprehensive count.

So how about 5,271. That is now the official satellite count here at Satellite Guys.

I posted this Image by a request of a fellow tech in the Installer Zone, In this you can only see Commercial Satellites current on Orbit.

cinturon_de_clark.jpg

Last edited:
If you are referring to artificial satellites placed in earth orbit and not debris, space junk, the moon etc NASA claims that the number is in excess of 5,000 but does not claim to havea truly comprehensive count.

So how about 5,271. That is now the official satellite count here at Satellite Guys.

Does that count all the satellites that the Alien Reptile People have launched into our orbit to monitor us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)