How many SBCA Members are Left???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Are you an SBCA (Satellite BroadCasting Assn.) Member???

• I've never heard of the SBCA

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I never joined the SBCA

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I never signed back up, after the last SBCA Show!!!

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I couldn't afford to be a member!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They couldn't afford to to pay me, to be a member!!!

• Yes, I paid my Membership Dues in 2006!!!

• I paid my Dues, but they haven't sent me my Card yet!!!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • What was the question???

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Will they Pay me to be a Member???

• Sorry, I give all donations to our Church!!!

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
When was the last time you paid your SBCA Dues??? There seems to be a mass Exodus from the SBCA, and after having spoken to approx. 180 Dealers and Techs, since Dec 2005, I have come to the conclusion that nobody that I know has signed back up with the SBCA....

Interesting poll questions, they seem very biased against the SBCA like someone has a beef with them. If installers are not members and don’t receive SBCA training, what other means do they have to learn proper skills and keep up with current technology?
Bob

little dish guy said:
Interesting poll questions, they seem very biased against the SBCA like someone has a beef with them. If installers are not members and don’t receive SBCA training, what other means do they have to learn proper skills and keep up with current technology?
Bob

Are you a member??? Did you answer any of the questions, and why is it that Dish Network doesn't support the SBCA at all???

A better question to ask would be, 'why should I renew my SBCA membership'? I'd really like to know what I get in return for my hard earned money.

charper1 said:
Under 'Membership' then 'Member Companies' it has the full list:

http://www.sbca.com/

I have come to fully realize, that you are only trying to help Charper1, but you never seem to do a full research, of what you are helping with...

The reason that I posted the Poll, and was asking for some input, was simply because the SBCA no longer lists, or they just don't have any "Retailer Members"!!! They only have 51 Companies listed, and their are some of those that are in question!!!

For Example, there has never been any clarification, as to whether or not Dish Network has ever fully paid up, all of their back membership dues of $500,000.00 (that's 1/2 half a million US dollars) RONTGLMAO....

There are only 3 Programmers listed, as members and you have to wonder what happened to all the rest, that use to be members??? For example what happened to HBO; FOX; SHOWTIME; and well, you do the math for the programmers, because it appears that the ship is sinking, because all of the passengers have jumped off!!!

And only (1) ONE Manufacture left, and that is RCA (Thompson Inc.) What is that all about??? What happened to all of the all of the folks that provide Ground Blocks, Cable, Multi-switches, F-Connectors (Like Stirling) and the rest of the folks in this category??? There are only 6 Distributors listed, and we know that there were a bunch more!!! What happened to the DirecTV Distributors, like DSI and Perfect-10???? Wow, talk about jumping Ship!!!

Now, is there anyone out there that will list their name as a member of the SBCA, or are they too embarrassed to admit it??? RONTGLMAO....

Like i said i am still here....
the quality of good techs working for a HSP are fewer
Retailers are now getting the good techs and the retailers (that i know of) are looking for sbca techs only.
Retailers are running off knuckle heads who are not...
Lets put it this way... the retailers churn rate is much lower now than the HSP/DNS
due to quality of the installation being done.
The knuckle heads that are doing installs are going to the HSP for work.:eek:

But, there are NO RETAILER MEMBERS, left Stevo!!! RONTGLMAO..... If you are not a member, how can you "Demand"???

Do you see the Gap??? What has happened, is that several thousand, High Quality Techs, have left our Industry, because they won't put up with the BS any Longer....

PS, Churn is directly related to the quality of the Customer, not the Install!!! That was a BS story, that some people would like you to believe!!!

Last edited:
Doctor Bob said:
But, there are NO RETAILER MEMBERS, left Stevo!!! RONTGLMAO..... If you are not a member, how can you "Demand"???

Do you see the Gap??? What has happened, is that several thousand, High Quality Techs, have left our Industry, because they won't put up with the BS any Longer....

PS, Churn is directly related to the quality of the Customer, not the Install!!! That was a BS story, that some people would like you to believe!!!

Funny.....we are all certified and the retailer is a member .

What i heard is that to get a sbca certificate......a background check is now required
so now ex-cons dont have a chance

I am glad I am totally out from SBCA, not even renew their certification. I may not going to do any installation what so ever due to heart problem, only service which I may still can perform. Definetely will spend more time in the internet doing selling and hope this will still make a living.

sksatellite said:
I am glad I am totally out from SBCA, not even renew their certification. I may not going to do any installation what so ever due to heart problem, only service which I may still can perform. Definetely will spend more time in the internet doing selling and hope this will still make a living.

Your health first and foremost .

Dr. Bob, there are still quite a few members...check out the retailers portion of the SBCA site. I think the ones displayed are still members since the other lists have been purged (I know since we "were" a professional associate member before we did not re-up)

Last edited:
stevo/65 said:
What i heard is that to get a sbca certificate......a background check is now required so now ex-cons dont have a chance

That seems to be nothing more than another "Rumor", just like the SBCA is a Rumor now!!!

Satellite Expo said:
Dr. Bob, there are still quite a few members...check out the retailers portion of the SBCA site. I think the ones displayed are still members since the other lists have been purged (I know since we "were" a professional associate member before we did not re-up)

Thanx Expo!!! That site has not been updated since 2005, except for a few companies that they pushed out of the system... RONTGLMAO.....

Great Article from the Bridge!!!

June 16, 2006
No. 24
Vol. 5​

Realizing Installation’s Importance
What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You

This is one of the best articles that I have read, on the subject of the Installation Techs!!!

With the exception of their information on the SBCA!!!! Most of what they wrote, came from the SBCA and you will see the holes in their write up!!! They say that they have over 200 Trainers, when in fact there are less than 50!!! RONTGLMAO... The SBCA is no longer a viable part of the Satellite Industry, because they (meaning DirecTV and Dish Network) all but closed it down, all by themselves!!! Bust most of the Small Dealers and Techs already know that!!!

Kudos to Matthew Colella and the Media Buisness Corp. for a great story, except the Lies about the SBCA..... LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)