How Many Subs does Sky Angel have?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Was the lifetime sub price ever less than $199. That's what I paid at the NQC in 1996 before it went on the air in Dec with 6 channels.

MDB in SE La

I guess I'm just having a senior moment and remembering unusual things. In 1996, when at the NQC, I paid the $199 for SA and was told it would be installed within a week after getting back home, I think it was the 2nd week in Sept. Got home on Sunday, saw a Dish Network commercial, called the 800 number to inquire, told them the whole story about SA and paying for it, really didn't order Dish at the time over the phone but Dish was out the next morning, Monday morning, to install, yes the day after getting home from the NQC and I let them go ahead and install it and I disconnected cable then. Kinda funny, now I think about it, you'd order it, they'd put you on a schedule, their schedule, 3-4 days away, and that would be acceptable.......NOW. Back in 1996, they came out hoping you wouldn't send them packing. Never looked back or been unhappy with my decision(except when SA canned GMTN) but SA pulling their prank might make me unhappy.

Was the lifetime sub price ever less than $199. That's what I paid at the NQC in 1996 before it went on the air in Dec with 6 channels.

MDB in SE La

At one point, they offered a "Promise Keepers" special--lifetime subscription for $160.00. That offer was in a flyer I got in the mail about a Promise Keepers Conference broadcast on Angel Two, and the offer was good for just a few weeks. This was some time in 1997 or 1998, I think. I didn't jump on at that time; by the time I bought a lifetime sub, in 1999, it was $299. Still quite a deal for almost 8 years
of SA.

I think most ranged from $299 to $600 or more

What is the NQC ?

I'm sorry I didn't see your question, I appologize for being late answering your question. The NQC....National Quartet Convention. Back in 1996, at the NQC they were advertising SkyAngel carrying GMTN....Gospel Music Television Network broadcasting from Pidgeon Forge, Tenn 24/7 Southern Gospel Music and that is what kind of music was at the NQC......SGM for short. So basically when I decided to get SA at the NQC, Dish was just along for the ride. Several years ago, GMTN was taken off SA due to contract problems, GMTN moved from Pidgeon Forge, Tenn to Greenville or Paris, Texas(I think I'm right) and you can stream it online. Hope that clears up the question? Kinda gave you more for your money but I'm a history buff anyway.....again sorry I took a month to answer. MDB in SE La

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)