How many tuners can you have

rudroman

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
California
How many tuners can you lease from Dish?, I currently have (2 )722, if i want to add a new receiver, do i have to purchase dvr outright? Like to have some infor prior to calling

thanks

I have 3 525 two tuners leased, one 625 two toners owned and a 722 two tuners leased. Total 10 tuners. I don't think you now have more than 3 two tuners. I owned three 721's they were all replaced with the 525 leased receivers at no charge.

I have 4 722's. I got them in March. Two are leased, two are purchased. Dish would only lease 2.

You need a DPP44 switch to handle 4 dual tuner DVR's.

I learned, the hard way, that many of the DISH customer "service" people do not know this information. Unless you are lucky you will need to speak with someone higher up the chain to make things happen. In my case it took over TWENTY phone calls and the intervention of executive resolution.

I got the purchased 722's from a local retailer.

Make sure that you keep an eye on the temperatures, these boxes frequently need external cooling (look in the cooling thread on the technical forum, Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?).

How many tuners can you lease from Dish?, I currently have (2 )722, if i want to add a new receiver, do i have to purchase dvr outright? Like to have some infor prior to calling

thanks

Last edited:
I have just downgraded from 12 tuners to 10.

1 722k (leased)
2 622 (leased)
3 322 (owned)

Dropped one of the 322's.

You could actually count 3 additional OTA tuners.

Voyagerbob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)