How many TV's does Dish support?

Limit is 15. You would have 2 Hopper3 DVR's, for a total of 32 tuners. Each providing service to 6 Joey's. That gets you to 14 receivers, the 15th would have to be a DVR-less model (unless they let Hopper's pair to 7+ Joey's now)

If you are approved to be a postpaid customer, and have a credit score decent enough, you should be able to lease receivers 1-6 for free or close to nothing, every other receiver would have to be purchased (and installed for free of course).

PS: This is for residential, I presume?

Limit is 15. You would have 2 Hopper3 DVR's, for a total of 32 tuners. Each providing service to 6 Joey's. That gets you to 14 receivers, the 15th would have to be a DVR-less model (unless they let Hopper's pair to 7+ Joey's now)

If you are approved to be a postpaid customer, and have a credit score decent enough, you should be able to lease receivers 1-6 for free or close to nothing, every other receiver would have to be purchased (and installed for free of course).

Yes this is residential, thanks for the response...very helpful.

I am currently a DirecTV customer and I am considering moving to Dish. What I cannot find is how many TV's can the system support. I currently have 15 TV;s in my house. Does anyone know the limit on TV's?
Episode 19 Fancy GIF by The Simpsons
:)

$105/month in device fees alone, that are 100% profit. Dish better be tripping over themselves getting this guy as a customer, and AT&T is stupid for letting them go.

Reactions: TheKrell
$105/month in device fees alone, that are 100% profit. Dish better be tripping over themselves getting this guy as a customer, and AT&T is stupid for letting them go.
OK Joe now you have me curious. My main issue with DirecTV is that after being a 20yr customer and paying for the biggest package, the customer service is horrible. I had a receiver go bad...they sent me the wrong one to replace it 4 times in a row...when I finally got the correct one it was a refurbished unit from 2011. Am I facing the same situation with Dish? Is it better for look at Xfinity?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
OK Joe now you have me curious. My main issue with DirecTV is that after being a 20yr customer and paying for the biggest package, the customer service is horrible. I had a receiver go bad...they sent me the wrong one to replace it 4 times in a row...when I finally got the correct one it was a refurbished unit from 2011. Am I facing the same situation with Dish? Is it better for look at Xfinity?
Well not like THAT. I heard stories from DTV customers who told me that they had a box go bad and DTV tried to charge them hundreds of dollars to upgrade without a replacement for the receiver they had.
Dish customer service is handicapped by the same experiences with foreign reps as every other service, but if your receiver goes bad, you'll get the same either sent to you or a tech to come out

Last edited:
I just switched from DirecTV to Dish and my Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys all show as being refurbs on the boxes they came in, even with a new customer.

They are all clean and in superb shape but the sticker on the box does say refurb.

What about non H3 receivers, say 8 tv's with a combination of H2, Joeys & Wallys?

What about non H3 receivers, say 8 tv's with a combination of H2, Joeys & Wallys?
If its still allowed to do multiple H2/H1 setups (with the H3 existing, there isn't really a need but I don't know if its a rule or recommendation) the max is (2) H2, (6) Joeys and (2) Wally's/211's for outdoor usage like any other account. So, for 8 tv's, if a H3 is not an option I would do (2) H2's, (4) Joey's and (2) Wally's. If all tv's will not be used at the same time, you can do the max of 6 Joey's instead of Wally's, but you may run out of tuners depending on your usage (6 total for both H2's) as no super Joeys are allowed on multi-hopper setups iirc. You can also do H2 + SJ + (3) Joey's and add (2) Wally's and get to 7, but if you need specifically 8-10 receivers you are looking at multiple H2's.

Edit= Up to 15 Wally's is also possible if that is all that's on the account, good luck getting that many from Dish though.

Reactions: trojan67
If its still allowed to do multiple H2/H1 setups (with the H3 existing, there isn't really a need but I don't know if its a rule or recommendation) the max is (2) H2, (6) Joeys and (2) Wally's/211's for outdoor usage like any other account. So, for 8 tv's, if a H3 is not an option I would do (2) H2's, (4) Joey's and (2) Wally's. If all tv's will not be used at the same time, you can do the max of 6 Joey's instead of Wally's, but you may run out of tuners depending on your usage (6 total for both H2's) as no super Joeys are allowed on multi-hopper setups iirc. You can also do H2 + SJ + (3) Joey's and add (2) Wally's and get to 7, but if you need specifically 8-10 receivers you are looking at multiple H2's.

Edit= Up to 15 Wally's is also possible if that is all that's on the account, good luck getting that many from Dish though.
What about Hopper Duo & H2 on the same account?

What about Hopper Duo & H2 on the same account?
That, I have no idea. Might want to contact Dish about it.

When I initially went H3 (before that it was leased Wally's, and before that owned H1) I had an issue getting my owned H3 activated, and the rep wasn't sure of the problem. Turns out that after contacting a "business expert" (dunno if that is what it was called, but it sounded different then the usual "account experts" or whatever, and this was like in 2019) the problem was that my original H1 was still on my account inactive, since it was owned and never returned. Apparently while you can have 2 of the same Hopper model, mixing them up is not allowed. Removing the H1 from the account entirely allowed the rep to add H3/Joeys just fine afterwards, and one of the Wally's became part of my mobile/camping setup.

So that makes me think that no, you cant mix different models. However, I've heard of people getting H2/H1s on there account just fine (a LONG time ago however, and if you google old hopper job aids it looks like a valid installation), and there are also those that have managed to get a Hopper active for outdoors purposes alongside their home setups (although those might have to be the same model as well, wouldn't know).

Reactions: trojan67
Once upon a time it 4 independent tvs...anymore than that would be account stacking...I have no idea what the current limit is

I have 3 H2's a 222k a wally and a 211k on my Dish Outdoors account..So you can have 3 h2's
When I inquired about it I was told about residential, I would expect that for outdoors it to be different or they just don't care about the rules since all receivers are purchased anyway (and with the rule to not have anything besides Wally/211's on a outdoor account never being enforced I wouldn't be surprised if its the latter anyhow)
Once upon a time it 4 independent tvs...anymore than that would be account stacking...I have no idea what the current limit is
Wasn't it that even 2 receivers without a phone line would bring you unwanted attention? Nowadays I don't think they care, as long as you aren't trying to open a hotel or something

Reactions: charlesrshell

Dish is no longer creating work orders for Wallys. They'd have to be purchased

I have 3 H2's a 222k a wally and a 211k on my Dish Outdoors account..So you can have 3 h2's

That's not a work order they'll create, either

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)