How many UHF remotes on a 722k

dcubed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Milwaukee , WI
722k with 9 TV2s and 5 21.1 remotes . Tried to add another and get message : You are attempting to set both remotes to the same address. You are not allowed to do this. Select another remote address for one of the two remote addresses. I can't find any mention of this error in any of my Dish information. No problem with adding 5th one. Thanks for any assistance .

You're trying to set remote 1 to remote 2's address or vice versa. You don't even have to go to system info and hit record, just set the tab to 1 or 2, program the address in the remote and it will work.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
You can have as many as you want UHF remotes on a 722k

- make sure that the remote switch is on UHF to begin with

- the number on the front of the remote need to be flipped on 1 or 2 depending which tuner you want to control,

(missing / broken tab with number = tuner 1)

- make sure that tuner 1 and 2 remotes are on different addresses, preferable few address numbers apart and one odd one even.

You can have as many as you want UHF remotes on a 722k

- make sure that the remote switch is on UHF to begin with

- the number on the front of the remote need to be flipped on 1 or 2 depending which tuner you want to control,

(missing / broken tab with number = tuner 1)

- make sure that tuner 1 and 2 remotes are on different addresses, preferable few address numbers apart and one odd one even.
As much as I was in love with the 722k and the 21 model remote controls, I am so glad I weened myself to the Hopper / Joey DVR system. Remote controls IMO are so much easier to program.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)