How much is Charlie worth?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott, have you ever asked Charlie if you being the last guest on his chat was a hint at your forums being the reason why the Charlie Chats ended?

With forums like these there were not reason to have Charlie Chats anymore as people were getting even more info on here. It was nice seeing Charlie, Jim and Co. Those were exciting times. It was something new, something thrilling. Now its just the norm and nothing that special about it like it used to be. I'm not saying that there are not great things about satellite and the technology, its just not that new special feeling anymore. That new car feeling is gone.

Yeah, probably somebody from Dish came here and looked at our Charlie Chat chat and didn't like our "feedback". ;) As for the times being boring, well, that may be a good excuse to have fewer Charlie Chats, but IMHO not an excuse to end them entirely. I too miss them. :( I don't remember any other exec of a major corporation doing that, and it was refreshing, even if boring at times.

Yep. A historical point in many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

One problem with the Charlie Chats or tech chats was that they announced plans that never came to fruition. Plans change, strategies change, things don't work like they planned, but some people tried to hold them to their statements as if they were written in stone.

One problem with the Charlie Chats or tech chats was that they announced plans that never came to fruition. Plans change, strategies change, things don't work like they planned, but some people tried to hold them to their statements as if they were written in stone.
Yep, like the EHD for the VIP 222.

There really is not a need for Charlie Chats any more. They used to be an exciting thing to view, but now Dish really has no news any more.

It used to be a new channel(s) every chat, new equipment, then it was new HD every chat, but now how often does Dish change its channels or introduce new equipment?

I do miss the inaccurate maps of LiLs coming soon they used to put up... essentially pretty much evenly spreading dots all over the map instead of trying to put them on actual city locations...

And besides, a new generation is coming along who doesn't watch TV as much as views videos on YouTube and other Internet-delivered content. You can dump billions into launching satellites into the Clarke belt or you can spend that same amount beefing up terrestrial delivery of IP services, which allows you provide other services that are impractical via satellite (like VoIP).

Charlie Chat would have been a nice way to introduce the Hopper/Joey system and then the HWS which could demo the sling feature which is an extremely useful feature.

Charlie Chat would have been a nice way to introduce the Hopper/Joey system and then the HWS which could demo the sling feature which is an extremely useful feature.
There is the HOPR Channel 103 which runs Hopper How-to programs. I don't have a Hopper (yet) so I haven't watched much, but it seems like a good feature.

They could have ran the Charlie Chat quarterly instead of monthly. I would have thought that they would have just had fewer ones instead of none at all all of a sudden. I remember them redoing the studio, their videos around Christmas, the special guests and so forth in addition to the news/announcements. Times have changed since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts