How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
so i get charged $100 for upgrade. I have the top200 with a 922 and a 612. for some reason when i asked for 3 joeys, since i technically have 3 tv's connected. they would only give me 2 joeys free, not the 3rd one. hmm. 99 for the 3rd one.
of course 2 yr add on to contract. but i expected that.
My current monthly bill is supposed to stay the same amount, we shall see about that.
at any rate install on Fri Morn.
Any DIRT response on why they would only give me 2 Joeys? i really wanted to connect another TV up to this.

so i get charged $100 for upgrade. I have the top200 with a 922 and a 612. for some reason when i asked for 3 joeys, since i technically have 3 tv's connected. they would only give me 2 joeys free, not the 3rd one. hmm. 99 for the 3rd one.
of course 2 yr add on to contract. but i expected that.
My current monthly bill is supposed to stay the same amount, we shall see about that.
at any rate install on Fri Morn.
Any DIRT response on why they would only give me 2 Joeys? i really wanted to connect another TV up to this.
call back as that doesn't sound right. $100 for the first hopper and then three joeys for free (for existing customers).

Mike send a PM to one of the DIRT Team Members online (check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php) and look at the bottom for any member who is listed in RED color then click on their name and then click on the link to Private message that member.

They can help, just be aware they are bogged down as you can imagine. :)

3 different tries to 3 different CSR's or online chatters - all are telling me $1200+ for 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I've been with them for 12+ years, get everything but Showtime/Cinemax, have 5 receivers, Sling, and pay about $160 a month. Unbelievable...

i placed my order after reading seeing what others were saying, the girl at dish said it was her first upgrade, so i guess i got lucky, or so i hope. I will see what DIRT says about the 3rd one, and i hope the billing really does stay the same. They always get it wrong and I have always had to make several calls to get things fixed. But CS has always been good in the long run getting things done correctly, just takes them a few times. I try to be patient. lol.
And I have been a customer for over 10 years. I have dealt with them many times. New products are a pain for any company.

3 different tries to 3 different CSR's or online chatters - all are telling me $1200+ for 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I've been with them for 12+ years, get everything but Showtime/Cinemax, have 5 receivers, Sling, and pay about $160 a month. Unbelievable...
follow Scott's advice in the post above yours about contacting the DIRT team. If you tried multiple times, then there might some other issue going on.

I have an update... First thanks to the DIRT member who looked into it and gave me an answer rather than the CSR's who didnt know what was going on. The upgrade is only available to subscibers who have Americas 200 package or better, have no current contract obligations, and heres the kicker... a good payment history. If you have paid late (which I have) you may not be eligable.

I really don't think this is right and I would like a member of DIRT to check this over for me because apparently I just upgraded to 2 hoppers and 3 joeys for a total cost of $0 with a two year commitment from my VIP 722 system. The install is on 3/28.

rswan55 said:

For some reason you do not qualify for an upgrade and would have to purchase all equipment. We just tried doing an upgrade for one of our customers and the system said they do not qualify. We have a phone call in to our distributor to see if it's right. Their systems could be messed up possibly.

ohioankev said:
I really don't think this is right and I would like a member of DIRT to check this over for me because apparently I just upgraded to 2 hoppers and 3 joeys for a total cost of $0 with a two year commitment from my VIP 722 system. The install is on 3/28.

If you are getting it for $0 there is a major mistake. You should be paying at least $200.

If you are getting it for $0 there is a major mistake. You should be paying at least $200.

Yeah I know i even asked if the CSR was correct

Update: I just talked to another CSR via chat and she confirmed that I am getting a 2 hopper, 3 joey upgrade for $0. I asked her to confirm everything on the work order from the hardware, and the promo. Of course I saved the chat transcript. I'll post it in a second.

Last Update: Turned out I only had 1 Hopper & 1 Joey on my account as an upgrade and it was for $100 so two dish CSRs lied to me. I have the chat transcripts to prove that. DIRT team took care of me though and my new install is on March 29th for the 2 Hopper, 3 Joey set up that I wanted. The total cost for upgrade and installation was $200 which was fine by me, as I was expecting to pay anywhere from $200-$500.

Last edited:
So excited I called Dish at the 800 # and got bad news...

I was told that if I have only one HD television that I am not able to get the Hopper per company policy...As I have a 622 and 211 I didn't think that this would be a problem...I figured cost would be the big issue...(CSR said there are roughly 14 milllion subscribers with a limited amount of Hoppers (around 300,000 he said) and that Installers are instructed to have a 722 in their van and if their is only 1 HD tv, cancel the work order and install a 722)

Can anyone confirm this for me??? I really want the Hopper and have had a bad few weeks...this just will top it all off haha

thanks...so is the "upgrade" a lease option? I can't figure out why I would not qualify. I even do the auto bill pay...

Called to upgrade mine this morning. Final cost for 1 Hopper and 3 joeys was $100 with no install fee. Install set up for Saturday. Actually got them to throw in free HD since I had been paying for it and it lowered my bill some, we shall see when I get the first one. Debating now whether to call back and change it to 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys. Any advantage over either in the long run besides only watching live on 3 tvs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)