How Much Should I be Paying for My DirecTV Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnamertz

Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Porland
I've been a DirecTV customer for about 8 years, and it seems like I'm paying more than I should (or more than I'd like) to watch TV. I currently have the CHOICE EXTRA CLASSIC package ($69.99), and I only have two receivers (one is HD DVR for $10 and the other is non-HD DVR for $8), and I'm charged $6 for an "Additional TV" fee for the 2nd receiver. This is a toal of $92.99 per month. Is this what I should be paying per month for these services? It seems like not too long ago I was paying under $80.

I've been a DirecTV customer for about 8 years, and it seems like I'm paying more than I should (or more than I'd like) to watch TV. I currently have the CHOICE EXTRA CLASSIC package ($69.99), and I only have two receivers (one is HD DVR for $10 and the other is non-HD DVR for $8), and I'm charged $6 for an "Additional TV" fee for the 2nd receiver. This is a toal of $92.99 per month. Is this what I should be paying per month for these services? It seems like not too long ago I was paying under $80.

You can always call and see if any deals are available for you. Lots of people get discounts for 3-12 months. May only be $5 but it adds up ;)

Seems like most are paying right around a Ben Franklin including myself. Come spring when the clocks change I will be dropping to the bare minimal. Pay TV is getting too expensive, time to downgrade & get off my arse.

that sounds right

lets see
Package is 68.99 (I have same package)
2 receivers...one is free...other $6
DVR fee is $8
$10 must be for HD.

Were you getting the HD free for a while? Current subs with auto pay were able to get the $10 HD fee waived for various amounts (from 3 months up to a year now)

And just to help you, starting after Feb:

Choice Xtra Classic $71.99 (+3)
HD Fee $10
DVR Fee $10 (+2)
Addtl Receiver $6

$98/mo. It would be good to call and push for that HD fee free or something similiar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)