How much to upgrade to a Hopper from my 722

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I was told via chat my a Dish CSR that upgrading to one Hopper and one Joey from my 722 would require a credit check and a year long contract. Is there a way to just simply upgrade without the commitment?

Buying the equipment yourself may be the only way. Actually I thought it was a two year commitment. If you are going to the trouble of upgrading and having a tech come out to install it all why would a year's commitment be a problem?
For the best answer contact a DIRT member here and see what they say.

Anytime you get something "free" from Dish, there's almost always going to be a catch. In this case, free receiver upgrades require a commitment and as Tampa8 mentions, a two year is typical, not one year. Want a free, replacement remote control, you normally need to have the protection plan (the catch) on your account.

The cost difference would be $12. If you wanted the Super Joey for the additional 2 tuners, it will be $15. As far as the upgrade, it is still a 24 month commitment, with any upgrades. Only way around that is to buy the equipment yourself, which is not wise as the highest ETF is $240($10 for each month remaining in the commitment). A Joey by itself is $99 to purchase.

The cost difference would be $12. If you wanted the Super Joey for the additional 2 tuners, it will be $15. As far as the upgrade, it is still a 24 month commitment, with any upgrades. Only way around that is to buy the equipment yourself, which is not wise as the highest ETF is $240($10 for each month remaining in the commitment). A Joey by itself is $99 to purchase.
Actually, Ebay had a Brand New HWS and Joey for $200 free shipping.
They might still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts