How much voltage does it take to operate...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deno

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
the LNB. I have bought one of those little sat beepers for dish alignment, and want to feed a dc voltage into the end marked receiver, so I can align the dish on the roof BEFORE I run the coax down to the IRD.

The reason...you might ask, well, there are so many trees around the house, that I want to walk around with the dish in hand to find the best spot. I know they sell battery packs for this purpose, but I am a home..brewer type of person.

Also, why I am here, does anyone have the internal schematic of the little "sat beeper device"?

Thanks again to all who read this...

Deno

When I set up my system, I checked voltages at the LNB and found them to be in the 18.2-18.6 VDC range. That was with about 100' of cable.

Pat

Without getting too technical your best bet is just buy a LONG coax and run it out a window or bring a small tv and reciever outside withextension cord. However I have heard of rigging it up w/ a 9 volt battery. Keep in mind EVERY sattelite inthe sky makes a noise in the sat beeper and if you are pointing directly at a tree that is close it can induce some type of feedback so it seems like you are pointed at the satellite. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)