How much will I pay for this setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Just wondering what my monthly bill will look like for the following setup. Please note, none of the receivers will be hooked up to phonelines as I am on cell & skype-out only.

Two HD PVRs
1 HD Regular Receiver

Just wondering, does D* charge if your phone isn't hooked up by the receiver? If so, how many no phone line hook-up charges I will have to pay? Also wondering if any extra tuner fees apply to the dual tuner DVRs. Any other issues?

Thanks!

I should mention I am going for the top package plus movie channels if that impacts. I may buy the equipment too, as opposed to leasing it, if it makes sense to.

-Rob:confused:

As far as I know you cannot buy equipment with D*. If you go to the top package with all the movie channels, it will be $99 a month, plus the HD package is $10. If you get the Total Choice Premiere package at $99 a month, they waive the DVR charge of $5. You will get the first receiver at no cost, the other two will be $5 a piece. So the breakdown is this:

Total Choice Premiere - $99
HD Package - $9.99
2 additional Receivers $10.

Your cost will be $120. And with D* you do not have to have the receivers connected to a phone line. :)

If you live a market where there are HD locals you will get those with your HD Package, at no additional cost. This requires a slightly bigger dish. You will pay $600 up front for your HD DVR's, you can probably get a deal though since you will be a new customer. The bestthing to do is call Directv, as you can probably get a few months of free programming as well.

bertbarndoor said:
Just wondering what my monthly bill will look like for the following setup. Please note, none of the receivers will be hooked up to phonelines as I am on cell & skype-out only.

Two HD PVRs
1 HD Regular Receiver

Just wondering, does D* charge if your phone isn't hooked up by the receiver? If so, how many no phone line hook-up charges I will have to pay? Also wondering if any extra tuner fees apply to the dual tuner DVRs. Any other issues?

Thanks!

I should mention I am going for the top package plus movie channels if that impacts. I may buy the equipment too, as opposed to leasing it, if it makes sense to.

-Rob:confused:
DVR fee is $5.99 per account additional receiver fees are $4.99 there are no fees for telephone lines not being connected. If you go for Total Choice Premier the DVR fee is not charged. $99.99 plus $9.98 additional ereceiver fees.:)

So, it looks like popular opinion is that I'll pay $120 with total choice, HD, and the equipment I've specified. You can't 'buy' the equipment? What about ebay?

bertbarndoor said:
So, it looks like popular opinion is that I'll pay $120 with total choice, HD, and the equipment I've specified. You can't 'buy' the equipment? What about ebay?
You can buy used equipment but you can't start a new account with used equipment.:) Oh yes new equipment is listed on Ebay but is carried on D* books as leased, be careful.

Last edited:
bertbarndoor said:

Why buy when you can lease ? Your not going to be paying more for a lease, Instead of paying a mirror fee, it will be called a lease fee. Personally, I think it's better cause its covered if anything happens.:up

johnml said:
Why buy when you can lease ? Your not going to be paying more for a lease, Instead of paying a mirror fee, it will be called a lease fee. Personally, I think it's better cause its covered if anything happens.:up

I agree... I a mcurrently on owned equipment, but have had a couple of issues in the past with an HD reciever. I would hate to have an HD reciever that is over the initial 1 year warranty die. Then your only option is to buy anothe rHD reciever for $200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)