How much would it cost?

ClarkGable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2010
NW Ohio
Hi all,

I searched a bit and didn't find exactly what I was looking for on this forum, so I was hoping someone here could help out.

We subscribed to Dish in 1998. We have owned every piece of Dish equipment we ever used. We currently have a Dish 500 (legacy LNBs) and a a 625 DVR. We receive a mailed bill every month.

I'm hoping to convince the wife how badly we need an HDTV, and if successful, we will need HD from Dish. If I were to go to an HD DVR like the 722, I know I will need a new dish to hit all three satellites.

How much will Dish want to install a new dish, and how much more will I pay monthly for the leased DVR? Any other fees I should be aware of? Also, will Dish want to take my owned 625? Granted I won't need it, but I paid for it.

I suspect I'll have to pay the $99 HD free for life fee (there's an oxymoron) or go to CC autopay. I would like to avoid the autopay if at all possible!

The cheaper all this is, the more likely wifey will okay it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

welcome :wave

from what I have read it would be $95 if you do not have the protection plan or $15 if you do for the tech to install a new dish

Would you just replace the 625 with a 722 or keep both? If replace then no extra charge. The only thing you would be charged is the $6 DVR fee which you already are charged
If you add the receiver, then its another $17 for the dual tuner DVR

Primary receiver (would be 722) is included in programming fees. So the question is would you keep alive the 625, given it would have a monthly fee of $17 (dual SD or HD) IIRC? In Ohio, you may also want the Eastern Arc (61.5 72.7 77) for which the 625 will not get much, if anything, unless you keep a second dish for 110 119, too. Or choose WA (110 119 129) for both if 129 is good.
-Ken

Thanks for the great info, guys. Even with a $95 install, that wouldn't be too bad. I could buy a dish and install that myself, since I did the previous ones. Of course, the dish would likely cost me $50 or so, so having someone else do the work for $95 might be worth it. I would deactivate the 625 and probably sell it.

I think I'm going to need the Western Arc since our HD locals are on 129 (Fort Wayne, IN).

This looks pretty promising!:)

It's going to be more than $95. That's just the technician visit fee. There will still be a receiver upgrade fee of $100 or $200. If you add the service plan it will be a $15 tech visit fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts