How much wrestling do you watch in a regular week?

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I'm just curious to see how much wrestling people watch during the week? I usually watch WWE Raw, NXT, TNA Impact and Friday Night Smackdown during a regular week. I don't get HDNet in my area, so I can't watch Ring of Honor on Monday nights, which is a shame considering I hear good things about them. I also don't get WGN America, so no WWE Superstars. In addition, I watch programming On Demand via WWE Classics. I love my wrestling. :)

If I had WWE on Demand-Probably much, much more.

I usually catch most of Raw live on Monday's and watch the rest on Saturday as NBC Unviersal reruns that and NXT

TNA-Channel surf back and fourth so I dont catch much

Smackdown-Not Much

Superstars on WGN-Not Much

ROH-I have tried, but cant get into it

watch or record?

I always DVR Smackdown because half the time I'm on the way to the lakehouse so I watch it when I get back home
TNA I tape just to scan through
Superstars DVR because I always forget to see it at 7:00 so I catch the replay
RAW I try to watch but its become lame so I DVR it
I agree on ROH...They use to be good but has gone downhill dramatically so I dont wacth

Watch NWA Anarchy on the big dish all the time :)
Also there is a local wrestling (AWF) that is on Saturday nights on local TV. Its kinda a cool thing as they mainly do shows for high school fundraisers so the wrestling is designed for kids. They had to drop a gimmick one guy was doing because of the "school" atmosphere it is in.

Arya Daiviri, brother of Shawn Daivari (Sheik Bashir in TNA, was Khali's original manager) came out doing the same gimmick Shawn did in the indy scene. Had the Persian carpet, prayed to Allah before the match, his finisher was "the magic carpet ride" which was a frog splash with the carpet and the local muslim group said it was "racist"....um Shawn & Arya are both Iranian descent. Their parents immigrated from Iran. So if he's of Iranian descent, how is it racist if he is portraying what he is? The schools didnt like it and it actually made the Minneapolis paper. The article was more about how schools are getting creative with the fundraisers and using wrestling but that part had to be in there.

But they do get some of the "local" bigger names on it. One week they had both Lenny Lane and Jerry Lynn on it. The show is just taped matches from the shows

I only watch RAW and that's recorded on the DVR so I can skip through half of it. It went down a notch for me when they moved Kelly Kelly :(

I never watch the PPV's anymore unless I can find them online somewhere and even then its rare.

I can't imagin they are making much off the PPv's at all. They are constantly putting them out. It used to be one per quarter of the year now its one every month. They just look like extended Raw's for the most part which if your lucky and you got tickets for a 3hour show which here lately they are doing more of.

Problem with RAW right now is that Vince isn't bringin in big name faces that used to be there...these are the guys that bring in ratings and he needs to pay the money and get those faces back on the show even if its just one at a time. These younger guys just aren't cutting it.

The cheering you see for Randy Orton now shows the fans are behind him, behind him more than Cena too! But they need to change Orton's reactions a bit, get him more comical in what he does or more active than just a match here and there or ring smack talking. They should work Orton into how Stone Cold did things on the spur of the moment.

I also love when the WWE doesn't promote matches that actually turn out being real good. Last months PPV had Chris Jericho vs. Evan Bourne and a lot of people said that it was the best match on the card. But the WWE never advertised it before hand.

I've never ordered a TNA PPV, but what's up with them recently having 9 matches on the card, instead of a typical 8?

Last edited:
When it comes from PPV I know that were the money is generated, but its like overkill right now on them, I think thats one reason many dont get them.

The only time over the past few years, that I felt tempted to order a WWE PPV was for Michaels/Flair and the two Michaels/Undertaker matches. However, I was able to find all of them either online or on WWE Classics, so it worked out. TNA PPVs don't do anything for me.

Last edited:
The only time over the past few years, that I felt tempted to order a WWE PPV was for Michaels/Flair and the two Michaels/Undertaker matches. However, I was able to find all of them either online or on WWE Classics, so it worked out. [/quotye]
Wrestlemania I usually wait for the DVD...Why pay 55 bucks for the show when I can wait a month and pay 25-30 tops and get the hall of fame ceremony too :)

TNA PPVs don't do anything for me.

apparently they dont do anything to most folks. Rumor is they do about 10k buys per PPV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)