How often does a vip 722 "call home"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
We don't have a phone line so I have my 722 hooked up via ethernet to call home so I don't get the $5 charge. We just got a Blu Ray player with Netflix streaming that I want the wireless bridge connected to (the router and cable modem is a LONG way from the living room).

Do I need to hook the 722 to the ethernet just once a month and perform a manually call home? Less than that? More?

Ok, so how long can it stay disconnected before I get the $5 fee? Can I just connect it 1 day out of the month?

Ok, so how long can it stay disconnected before I get the $5 fee? Can I just connect it 1 day out of the month?

I'm not sure about that.

There's a few times where my Internet connection has been disrupted during the night. The VIP722 would give me an on screen message in the morning when turning on the TV telling me I need to keep the receiver connected to avoid the $5 fee. That's happened no more than a handful of times during the month, yet I haven't been billed the $5 for it.

I have a feeling if you only connect the receiver one night a month they may still bill you the $5. The trick may be having it update on the right night or nights to get the billing statement correct during that billing cycle.

Well I think you can make it manually call home. They mistakenly billed me the $5 when I first got set up and the tech guy had me do a manual call home.

Is the phone home date the one listed in Menu-6-3 (i.e., diagnostics) subscreen counters with page downs to items 25 (last status) and 24 (status scheduled, usually a week later)? Because if it is, then you get a week from the connect.

-Ken

Phone connection

I'm not sure about that.

There's a few times where my Internet connection has been disrupted during the night. The VIP722 would give me an on screen message in the morning when turning on the TV telling me I need to keep the receiver connected to avoid the $5 fee. That's happened no more than a handful of times during the month, yet I haven't been billed the $5 for it.

I have a feeling if you only connect the receiver one night a month they may still bill you the $5. The trick may be having it update on the right night or nights to get the billing statement correct during that billing cycle.

I believe you are correct because i didn't have a phone line for awhile and had to have the broadband hooked up all the time because i questioned dish about it and they said one or the other hooked up all the time to avoid charges.

Time of next/prev call you can check in that Counters list;
usually it will upload STBhealth data ( include your habits watching programs) once per week.

i have a 322 and a 722. i have the 722 hooked to broadband. i'm getting the phone line error message on both receivers. how do i disable the message?

i have an ip 'connection status: connected online'. so its safe to assume i shouldn't get the message? dish tech support said there is no way to disable it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)