How reliable is AU9-S slim line LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

singkwan2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
texas
My friend has three HD receiver in his home, run the coaxial direct from LNB to receiver, no switch. I did adjust dish for him at least three times the last month or two due to HD channels drop out, or no signal, after twisted the dish, it work perfectly for few hours and begin the same drop out or 771 on all HD channels, this is for all the receivers, but the regular digital channels are all O.K., Had have replaced receiver before the first time when this happened which I suspected, but the last two times did on all receivers with such same problem. It took too long for dish adjustment because the weather is cold and I am not want to work in such condition. Calling DTV use take at least two weeks and no guarrante the tech will show up.

The dish is less then one year old, but as I understand, LNB only has 90 days warranty.

It seems the older equipment and accessories work much reliable then these new stuffs. My P-3 LNB and receivers have never give me any problem after all these years.

The slimline is very reliable. If you are aligning the dish and then getting 771s, it's likely you are not aligning it correctly, or the dish is loose on its mounting (are you using the monopoles??).

My friend has three HD receiver in his home, run the coaxial direct from LNB to receiver, no switch. I did adjust dish for him at least three times the last month or two due to HD channels drop out, or no signal, after twisted the dish, it work perfectly for few hours and begin the same drop out or 771 on all HD channels, this is for all the receivers, but the regular digital channels are all O.K., Had have replaced receiver before the first time when this happened which I suspected, but the last two times did on all receivers with such same problem. It took too long for dish adjustment because the weather is cold and I am not want to work in such condition. Calling DTV use take at least two weeks and no guarrante the tech will show up.

The dish is less then one year old, but as I understand, LNB only has 90 days warranty.

It seems the older equipment and accessories work much reliable then these new stuffs. My P-3 LNB and receivers have never give me any problem after all these years.

did you check the signal levels on the 99 & 103 ... most if not all of the new hd is on these 2 sats...

your dish has be be mounted SOLID... like a rock ...

because of the ka signal ... you have to be dead on the sat ... not off to the left or right or too high or too low ... DEAD IN THE CENTER>>>>

Are both of the support arms installed? They are very important for a dish of this size.

Also try replacing the BBC's on the back of the recvr.
Also could be a LNB going bad.

YES the SLIMLINE units are very reliable.

did you check the signal levels on the 99 & 103 ... most if not all of the new hd is on these 2 sats...

your dish has be be mounted SOLID... like a rock ...

because of the ka signal ... you have to be dead on the sat ... not off to the left or right or too high or too low ... DEAD IN THE CENTER>>>>
The dish is very stable on pole which not to move at all and secured.
When I got most the channel on 101 and 119 and signal quality at 95 and up to some in the 100, can not lock on 99 or 103, but when signal drop a few to below 95 on both sat, HD signal show up on 99 and 103, not much, 65 and up something like this. never able to get higher signal quality on 99 and 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)