How seek and record new 2013 Hopper?

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
So I just had the brand new 2013 Hopper installed. The tech has not dealt with one before and I am brand new to Dish. Anyhow, I can record a series from the guide, but when I try to Search & Record from the DVR screen, it shows everything I try as No Result despite seeing them in the guide. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

THanks,
Quinn

I think I could not get many results until the next day after I got my hopper. That's when the apps became fully functioning as well.

Hopefully this is the case. I also would like to record all Washington college basketball games. Their are plenty showing on the guide between various channels, but when I try and do a search for WASHINGTON in descriptions (since the guide shows college basketball), nothing comes up. All I know at this point is I am feeling pretty nervous that I am ditching D*. Hopefully it will all come together soon.

When Hopper is first installed, search won't work for the first 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

No, just the way it operates. The full guide table downloads overnight. After installed the guide needs to update and it continues to fill in but its not complete till the full nightly update. Which is why the search doesn't work right away, because the guide isn't full.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts