Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Guys
On TV System Menu Settings
What is the purpose of :
Digital Audio Out : LPCM Out " or " Bs Out?
How I need to set on My Openbox S9 Menu to get The Sound AC3 and Dolby Digital 5.1 from de SD and HD Channels?
The sound AC3 and Dolby digital 5.1 Can Be Output thru the coaxial SPDIF and HDMI at the same Time?
How I need to set it..
Video Resolution: How I need to set to get the best quality Picture in SD and HD Channels?…..or I need to switch all times according what I am viewing SD(480p) or HD(1080i)
Video Out: RGB or YUV..How I need to set to get The Best Quality Picture
Thanks in advance

Hello Guys
What is the purpose of :
How I need to set on My Openbox S9 Menu to get The Sound AC3 and Dolby Digital 5.1 from de SD and HD Channels?
The sound AC3 and Dolby digital 5.1 Can Be Output thru the coaxial SPDIF and HDMI at the same Time?
How I need to set it..
Video Resolution: How I need to set to get the best quality Picture in SD and HD Channels?…..or I need to switch all times according what I am viewing SD(480p) or HD(1080i)
Thanks in advance

I forgot To tell:
Using TV LCD 37" and Openbox receiver conected to Audio & Video receiver through SPDIF Output and HDMI pass trhu

Hello Guys
What is the purpose of :
How I need to set it..
Thanks in advance

Digital audio out: LPCM allows volume control of audio output with STB remote. BS out gives fixed volume output of AC3 raw data. You want the LPCM.

Video Resolution
: Should match the native resolution of your TV, in your case it will be 720 or 1080. i or p means interlaced or progressive scan, again, it should match your TV.

Video out: RGB or YUV, I don't have the answer. Try both and see. I suspect that when an HDMI cable is used this setting will have no effect.

If you use an HDMI cable to connect, you don't need the SPDIF fiber optic audio cable. Video and Audio is output through the HDMI connection. Maybe the SPDIF cable can be used to also feed the audio to a sound system, I don't know. Most TVs have audio out ports, and that can be used to feed audio to the sound system.

NOTE: One S9 firmware that I tried in my S10 had no audio output at all on any AC3 channel! I believe that firmware was dated August 2011.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
So to get My AC3 Sound Dolby Digital 5.1 through my audio & video receiver Just I need to set on LPCM ..Right?
I did not tried Yet. I did not load any file to my new Openbox S9 just working with the original file (just re-name theEurope Satelite list).. But I am seeing one File Fixed from Sadoun page 06/30/2010
AC3 and Motor/Switch fix

I do not know if this file improve the Sound
Anybody has tried?
thanks

I've hooked up my s10 by hdmi to my Yamaha receiver which then passes video through to the TV. On my s10, ac3 works fine either through the rca or hdmi cables. There is no spdif port or optical out, it ouputs AC3 after decoding through those two connectors. the s10 is doing something as my old STB would not give sound on AC3 channels in the same set up but the s10 does.

The guts of the S9 and s10 are pretty much the same and can typically use the same software, the most recent is October 2011.

I have just left the s10 set up defaults as is, works fine on hd and sd, suggest there is no need to make any changes except maybe for the auto adjust for the screen sizing. I changed it to 16:9 instead of auto which stretched my SD programs.

you can output the s9 to two tvs at the same time. hdmi to one and component plus audio to the other. the yrw works also if needed.

i have been playing with the video output. i find that 4:3 lb gives me a good presentation of the hd signals but smaller in the screen when the tv is set to normal. (element 22"). haven't tried the others much though. will try that audio tip out also. thanks, charlie

If you use an HDMI cable to connect, you don't need the SPDIF fiber optic audio cable. Video and Audio is output through the HDMI connection. Maybe the SPDIF cable can be used to also feed the audio to a sound system, I don't know. Most TVs have audio out ports, and that can be used to feed audio to the sound system.

Not so fast -- there are a couple of pitfalls that you don't mention.

First, some sound systems that have HDMI connections only use them for switching video, they WON'T extract ANY sound data of any kind from them. Usually it's older and/or cheaper ones.

Second, some (I've been told MOST, but I have no way to verify it) TVs won't output sound from their S/PDIF ports if the source of the sound is anything other than their built-in tuner.

Not so fast -- there are a couple of pitfalls that you don't mention.

First, some sound systems that have HDMI connections only use them for switching video, they WON'T extract ANY sound data of any kind from them. Usually it's older and/or cheaper ones.

Second, some (I've been told MOST, but I have no way to verify it) TVs won't output sound from their S/PDIF ports if the source of the sound is anything other than their built-in tuner.

Let me reword that statement for clarity: Most TVs have RCA jack audio output ports that can be used to feed the audio into your stereo/audio system.

I have liitle experience with SPDIF connections and none with HDMI, so my knowledge of them is limited to what I have read on the Internet. That is why my original post included "Maybe" and "I don't know".

Fair enough. Sorry about the confrontational tone, I should have said it differently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.