How soon to "move"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike_l

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
East
A few years ago I had to "move" back to my billing (actual physical) address to get an equipment upgrade. A day or so later I "moved" back to my other address 40 miles away so I can get the HD locals off satellite. Its been setup this way for a number of years. I wanted to do another upgrade and have recently moved back to my real address but plan to "move" back to the "moved" address to get the locals again. My question is how long after the install should I "move"??

The reason I ask is because last time I did this I think I waited until the next day and changed my address via the chat thing with Dish Network. When I told them I was moving they asked why. I made up something about the house not being finished and they went ahead and put it through. I assume they saw that I just had equipment installed. Do they keep a history that is pulled up about all your account changes when you call/chat with them???

This time I am getting a 1000.4 dish. However I currently subscribe to some AAD channels. Do you think the installer will allow me to keep the Dish 500 setup? I know the 1000.4 has an extra input for a 4th satellite but is there a way to connect both 110 and 119 and a 1000.4 Dish? Would that require a switch and if so is there any way that I can convince them that I need it setup that way?

Thanks...

A few years ago I had to "move" back to my billing (actual physical) address to get an equipment upgrade. A day or so later I "moved" back to my other address 40 miles away so I can get the HD locals off satellite. Its been setup this way for a number of years. I wanted to do another upgrade and have recently moved back to my real address but plan to "move" back to the "moved" address to get the locals again. My question is how long after the install should I "move"??

The reason I ask is because last time I did this I think I waited until the next day and changed my address via the chat thing with Dish Network. When I told them I was moving they asked why. I made up something about the house not being finished and they went ahead and put it through. I assume they saw that I just had equipment installed. Do they keep a history that is pulled up about all your account changes when you call/chat with them???

This time I am getting a 1000.4 dish. However I currently subscribe to some AAD channels. Do you think the installer will allow me to keep the Dish 500 setup? I know the 1000.4 has an extra input for a 4th satellite but is there a way to connect both 110 and 119 and a 1000.4 Dish? Would that require a switch and if so is there any way that I can convince them that I need it setup that way?

Thanks...

Just tell them to leave the D500 antenna alone. They usually will if you have any nonmpeg4 receivers on the account. For 5 orbital positions you need to cascade the 5th orbital with a DP21 switch into another switch like the DPP44. Can you live without the SD AAD channels? If so, you need only 4 orbitals and no external switches. E* is trying to get distants back for itself so AAD may b history in the not too distant future. As to length of time to move, hard to say. They seem to be cracking down more on "moved" subs with audits. I'v known people who have moved twice on the same day and the CSRs never uttered a word.

Thanks. I probably don't really need the SD AAD channels but thought I would ask before having them turned off. Once I do this upgrade I don't have any more nob-mpeg4 receivers but will try to get him to leave it there since I do have one that I might hook up at a later date.

You say they are cracking down on "moved" subs, how would they do that?

Can you connect a Dish Pro LNB to the 1000.4 Dish's extra input or does it need to be a Dish Pro Plus LNB that connects to it?

I've been doing this for years. Every time I needed an equipment upgrade I'd move home and as soon as the installer left I'd call and move back.

The funny thing is, when Dish went to 100% local coverage in June I was going to finally be able to move back to my real address for good (as that Burger King I "lived" at just wasn't cutting it, lol.)

Anyway, I literally got the third degree. They would not let me move back to where I actually lived. I got escalated up through the ranks and after about an hour I was finally able to get back to my actual physical address - although I did get an earful.

I get the feeling they might be finally clamping down on this type of activity and I am glad I am finally out of the moving game...

well the installer came and got me hooked up with a 1000.4 dish. It was an ok install I guess. It was an appt. for 8-12, he called at 1 to tell me he would be here at 2 and arrived close to 2:30. I understand that prior job can take longer than expected but I would have appreciated a phone call sooner.

He would not let me keep the Dish 500 connected, he told me is was useless and there was no way for me to hook it up. I asked if he would just leave it and he said no he had to take it. He wasn't very friendly and didn't seem to want to hear anything I said, so I said fine I have an extra one that I will hook up later and left it alone.

It took about an hour - 90 minutes to switch out the dish and receiver. I did notice on his paperwork that it said he was to bring back my old receiver which I purchased on ebay, so since I had already unhooked it before he came I took it in another room so that he wouldn't take it, and he never mentioned it.

After he was gone I pulled out my old 500 and hooked 110 up to the extra port. Is there no way to combine 110 and 119 before plugging it into that extra port on the 1000.4?? I have to is a DP21 and connect them all to a DPP44?

NO there is NO way to combine a dish 500 for both 110 & 119 into the port of a 1000.4 sat dish or a 1000.2 sat dish. You can use a single or dual lnb for either 110 or 119 and plug it into the IN port of the 1000.4 or the 1000.2 sat dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)