How sweet it is

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harley3971

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
WNY
Just switched from dish yesterday afternoon, been away for 6 yrs. Got 2 HR24s and 1 SD receiver, MRV, and internet connected, man is this a sweet system. Got up at 3:30 this morning sat in front of TV until 7:00 pushing buttons, recording stuff, going between rooms just to watch what I recorded in the other room. Was so excited couldn't remember where I left my coffee. Can't believe I was gone so long, no looking back now. Just finished taking down and disconnecting dish stuff, those return boxes can't get here fast enough. I gotta go find my coffee.

Just switched from dish yesterday afternoon, been away for 6 yrs. Got 2 HR24s and 1 SD receiver, MRV, and internet connected, man is this a sweet system. Got up at 3:30 this morning sat in front of TV until 7:00 pushing buttons, recording stuff, going between rooms just to watch what I recorded in the other room. Was so excited couldn't remember where I left my coffee. Can't believe I was gone so long, no looking back now. Just finished taking down and disconnecting dish stuff, those return boxes can't get here fast enough. I gotta go find my coffee.

Welcome to the site !

Glad your liking it :D

But do you like the Directv stuff? ;) :D

The DTV equipment is fantastic. Found the coffee, but now I think I've had to much, 2nd pot, gotta get to the bathroom.

Welcome to the big D! I left Dish 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Every time I visit my Dad or my in-laws and watch their Dish, I realize why I left!

Enjoy it! Glad you found your coffee.....

Yeah I just switched as well and so far I've been really impressed. Things that I thought I would not like with Direct or concerns come to find out they were really nothing at all. Overall really impressed so far.. :)

Yeah I just switched as well and so far I've been really impressed. Things that I thought I would not like with Direct or concerns come to find out they were really nothing at all. Overall really impressed so far.. :)

I was wondering how it was gong for you, I know you just switched and hadn't heard to much from you, that must be a GOOD thing :D

I was wondering how it was gong for you, I know you just switched and hadn't heard to much from you, that must be a GOOD thing :D

Yeah I really like the guide now that I'm use to it as well as the DVR has ran fine no issues. The other HD Receiver is allot smaller as well as the HD DVR which I like. The Packages seems to have a a better variety of things compared to Dish as well. Sports well I watch the Nascar Hot Pass it was cool and it seems Direct has done a better job about keeping their contracts in-line with Sports Networks and other Networks as well. I like the remote better as well just the overall experience has been better. :)

Yeah I really like the guide now that I'm use to it as well as the DVR has ran fine no issues. The other HD Receiver is allot smaller as well as the HD DVR which I like. The Packages seems to have a a better variety of things compared to Dish as well. Sports well I watch the Nascar Hot Pass it was cool and it seems Direct has done a better job about keeping their contracts in-line with Sports Networks and other Networks as well. I like the remote better as well just the overall experience has been better. :)

understatement there. LOVE the NASCAR stuff :)

I always find myself going to the NASCAR channels for a bit and then back to the National feed, if they would eliminate the commercials on the Hot Pass, I would like it much better.
Often you find the people discussing the driver at the same time he's talking to the crew and miss what the driver was saying.

Only thing I can't get to work are the apps. Keeps saying initializing 301. It sounds like there are a lot of people with the same problem, I'm sure it will get remedied soon, no big deal. As great as this system is I can't complain about one little thing like apps not working, I'm sure they will get it will working, maybe it just needs a software update. Don't really care if it does or not I'm still loving it.

Only thing I can't get to work are the apps. Keeps saying initializing 301. It sounds like there are a lot of people with the same problem, I'm sure it will get remedied soon, no big deal. As great as this system is I can't complain about one little thing like apps not working, I'm sure they will get it will working, maybe it just needs a software update. Don't really care if it does or not I'm still loving it.
you have your HR24 hooked up online? if so, did you check your network settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)